Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Comedy in Ennis

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

I reckon it would do good! Its different and everyone loves a laugh. I would definitely go to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ya, bring it on, we used to have one in the queens 7/8 years ago, it was great, dont know why it stopped

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Some guy in Ennis is thinking of starting a comedy night. I'm all for it, but do you reckon it could be successful?
    here's a link

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055869015
    When did you move back to Shannon ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

comedy is a tough one, it rarely makes money if its a weekly night unless you have the population.
    I'd say if there was any money in it then the queens would be doing it again since they reopened or the west county would try it.
    Although I did hear before that most of the bigger name comedians only want to play in Glor these days when they come to clare.

It might work but it aint gonna make you a lot of cash, you could even lose money some nights.
    good luck though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭georgem25

Comedy would be great but I think you would have more success if it was perhaps once a month.

Glor are having a night soon.

http://www.glor.ie/What's%20On/Comedy_YoungGiftedGreen.htm

The Oakwood in Shannon used to do it a few years ago and put a comment on their facebook page to gauge interest but not many replied.

Dolans & UL in Limerick regularly do it too and seem get a crowd but they are going with the well know acts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

When did you move back to Shannon ;)

You can take the boy outta Shannon but you can't take Shann.....zzz

Advertisement