Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Melbourne Comedy Festival

Options
  • 02-04-2010 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Anyone been to see any good shows in the Melbourne Comedy Festival? I went to see Damien Clark last night and he was pretty good. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Went to Jason Byrne last friday, not really my cup of tea 5/10 maybe, was funny like, just not great, got free tickets so wasnt that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RedNiamhy

I went to Des Bishop and was sickened cos I was late. Was a great show though.
    Went to see Maeve Higgins too. Not everyone's cup of tea but I enjoyed it. Not as good as Des though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Saw Des aswell. He was great as usual but it's not exactly the show advertised on the Comedy Fest website. His Dad was recently diagnosed with cancer, so the show is largely based around that. Kinda threw the audience at the start on the night I went but it was still funny as fcuk. Well worth going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

I saw Dave O'Doherty in Dave O - Doh - Party.

Absolute genius, we saw him here in the Brizzy com fest. Hilarity prevailed, he is impossible not to find funny, such a great, relaxed stage presence and his comedy is just so sharp and down to earth old school "have you ever noticed " but so quick witted and kind of left field.

Also the songs ( i am not a fan of comedy music ) are hilarious on thye little keyboard. I also saw him a year ago and the set is 99% new, so he is quite prolific as he blew me away last year too. In my mind a a comedy genius.

Look up also the series of adventures he did for RTE on you tube !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I went to see the Edinburgh Festa Besta on Friday last. Show lasted 7:30-9pm. Half price tickets (for all comedy festival shows) can be purchased on the day on Swanston street across from the Capitol theatre.

Edinburgh Festa Besta is 3 comedians: Welsh mc (bad to ok), English fellow ( pretty funny), Canadian (fairly funny but got way too vulgar towards the 2nd half of his act).

Good experience... but the last fellow was not my cuppa. Overall --> 7/10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seanie_k

Went to see Des Bishop last night, great show. Well worth checking out. Im gonna try and catch another one or 2 shows before it finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

went to see dead cat bounce last week, pretty good. Rock band funny song type thing. The pick a genre and rip the piss.

also watch for the half price last minute tickets down around town hall in a booth. After 6 on the night of the show u want to see, job like!

Advertisement