Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

radiator costs

• 02-04-2010 3:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

icon5.gifplumbing rad spec
    Hi

I am building a timber frame house at the moment and we were given a price by the plumber to run the pipes out from the wall and not from below up in the traditional way.we have been quoted 50 euros a rad to hide all pipes in the wall and there is 18 rads.

Now there is not as much chasing as there is with blockwork and a service cavity is installed on all walls but an extra connection will be required now to run the pipe out directly to the radiator valves.does this price seem ok,as i do not think it is bad

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

dbeermat93 wrote: »
    icon5.gifplumbing rad spec
    Hi

I am building a timber frame house at the moment and we were given a price by the plumber to run the pipes out from the wall and not from below up in the traditional way.we have been quoted 50 euros a rad to hide all pipes in the wall and there is 18 rads.

Now there is not as much chasing as there is with blockwork and a service cavity is installed on all walls but an extra connection will be required now to run the pipe out directly to the radiator valves.does this price seem ok,as i do not think it is bad

Cheers
    Without seeing how the pipes were laid in the first place , this seems a bit expensive, but at the same time it sounds like it might be a bit of a time consuming job if hes goin to have all the radiator pipes sticking out from the walls at the right distance and height apart. As i said it could be time consuming to do this so if your happy with price stick with it .

Advertisement