Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

post ratings system

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Overheal wrote: »
    Well what you are saying is other posters have formed an opinion about you, Spirit. Thats not really an issue that a Reputation System can fix, like I explained.

This thread isn't really about a Reputation System at all then. You just think a Reputation System would solve your problem.

At this point your issue is with the Help Desk, and speaking to the Category Moderator or the Admins, via Help Desk, and provide them with examples of the Cyber-Bullying your mentioning.
    maybe I will but my intention initially was to explore the possibility of a ratings system which is why I went here. I thought it was a good idea but it didn't work before so maybe best leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

SOTS the only person who seems focussed on postcounts is you.

Also if it means that much to you that people should see what people think of your posts you can enable an option in your CP to show how many thanks you've received under your postcount afaik.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Frisbee wrote: »
    you can enable an option in your CP to show how many thanks you've received under your postcount afaik.
    I'm pretty sure that option is not available on boards. Maybe you should check again. :)

Frisbee wrote: »
    SOTS the only person who seems focussed on postcounts is you.

Also if it means that much to you that people should see what people think of your posts you can enable an option in your CP to show how many thanks you've received under your postcount afaik.
    to be fair happy to let things slide now. Havent post here in two days now. Was just an idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Steve wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that option is not available on boards. Maybe you should check again. :)

:)

<----

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Des wrote: »

<----
    Get owwa dat garden :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Des wrote: »

<----
    Ahem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Oryx wrote: »
    Im jumping in here, even though this was aimed at someone else. Thanks was originally on the side bar. But as with rep, it tends to turn into an epenis/kudos/status symbol and thanks whoring ensues. I like the system as it is. Thanks has a value. Make it too visible and that value gets abused.

This is pretty much it, OP. There will always be people who respect (for want of a better word) post count, or join date, or thanks rating, or rep. What they should be respecting is the community garnered standing of the poster. You know whose posts you want to read without needing to check a sidebar to see what everyone else thinks.

I well remember the rep system. Threads called "rep the poster above for complimentary rep" were common and even more abusive than the current thanks-whoring first reply fashion in AH. It really means nothing. Think of it as you would your real relationships in the water and muck world; you don't choose your friends etc based on what badges they wear.

I am not my post count
    I am not my thanks count
    I am not my join date
    I may be my infractions record ;)

nipplenuts wrote: »

I am not my post count
    I am not my thanks count
    I am not my join date
    I may be my infractions record ;)

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

:confused:

It's not that hard to understand, past indiscretions may be a stain on a posters character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It's not that hard to understand, past indiscretions may be a stain on a posters character.
    We're looking into that.

Yes I had a feeling that was what it was about but just wanted it confirmed.

Advertisement