Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baxi gas burner question.

• 02-04-2010 10:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

hi folks, i currently have a baxi solo 3/50/pf unit installed in my house.
    a couple of years ago my folks moved into a new house and after about 6 months they changed from gas to oil giving me their practiclly new baxi 60/100/ie. its been in my shed since then and i was wondering is there any point in swiching one from the other or is it a good idea to keep the spare one i have for spare parts. the one i got from my folks is newer looking and i thought it might be a bit more efficient. also are the internals compatable with each other.
    im cleaning out my shed and between the burner, the frame and the flue its taking up valuble space. if its of no benifit to me ill bring it to the recycling centre. thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

It sounds like a system boiler ,parts aren't compatible.

There would be a slight improvement in effeciency if changed ,probably a few %,but it wouldn't justify the cost to get an installer to change it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

thanks yoshy, do ye think its any use to somebody in that trade or is it for the scrapper

Advertisement