Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2 Single Player Game

Options
  • 02-04-2010 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

As someone who just dosent get the whole multiplayer thing and would rather just play a good single player campaign, can anyone tell me if battlefield 2 is worth getting.
    After the 8 hours of enjoyment I had before finishing Call of Duty MW2, I dont want to waste more money buying a game designed mainly for multiplayer.
    Does this game have a decent single player section?

Before anybody starts, I know multiplayer is the ultimate in gaming and I must be a total idiot not to like it but I dont so just comments on the single player please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Sirpineapple

Well I had it and my internet broke so I was forced to play the single player.

it is really good. I know it's aimed as a multi player game but it's still good.

there's loads of good mods you can install for single player too.

I recommend it :)

Edit - there is no 'story' as such though , just matches with bots , which is fun too

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Battlefield 2 doesn't have a singleplayer campaign I'm afraid.

What Sirpineapple is probably referring to is the singleplayer mode where you can shoot bots or play over a LAN, but there is no singleplayer storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Yeah, I've just finished it on singleplayer and just started playing it again to unlock more achievements. I would definately reccommend it just for single player mode. The game is stunning in places. You should get it..

Ponster wrote: »
    Battlefield 2 doesn't have a singleplayer campaign I'm afraid.

What Sirpineapple is probably referring to is the singleplayer mode where you can shoot bots or play over a LAN, but there is no singleplayer storyline.

I really enjoyed single player..

We are all talking about Battlefield 2 here aren't we (as the OP has in the title of the post) and not Battlefield : Bad Company 2 which is a completely different game ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Sirpineapple

I was talking about battlefield 2.
    it doesn't have a storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

Sorry my mistake, I am talking about Bad Company 2, I am not familiar with the Battlefield series. I dont know why I never got into it before, I think I might have played the first one years ago but got distracted by the COD's and my favorite game series, Ghost Recon. Finances just dont allow me to buy loads of games these last few years as I have been in college.
    Sorry.

Sorry.

Nothing to be sorry about :)

Battlefield is essentially a multiplayer series. It began on the PC back in 2002 with Battlefield 1942 and was followed by Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142.

In 2008 Battlefield: Bad Company was released for the 360 and PS3 and was the first 'battlefield' game to feature a single-player aspect.

While I enjoyed the SP element of the latest in the series, Bad Company 2, I have to say that it isn't worth the price of the game if you aren't interested in multiplayer. It's fun but completable in under 8 hours for a noob like me.
    I felt that the SP campaign was more like a long-training course for the multiplayer game.

Yeah sorry, I was also talking about bad company 2...Oops. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

The BF:BC2 single player is entertaining enough, it's decent training for the multiplayer if like me you had never played a BF game before. It's got some fun set pieces but it's far from a complete single player experience. It's very short too, an afternoon or two spent at it and it's over.
    But if you like cheesy action/war films you'll love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yes a mate of mine refers to COD MW2 as COD2 even though he has played most of the COD games, and now he is calling BF BC2, BF2 so I knew what the OP ment right off the bat.

Anyways as regards single player im not that far into it but I thought the single player for BC1 was better seemed to be funnier and have a better story.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

My biggest gripe with the singleplayer is that the bots will shoot you amazingly accurate if you so much as peak your head out from behind cover. It often gets frustrating because you can't see them through bushes or duststorms but they shoot you perfect.

If you can handle having to reload from save points a lot through no fault of your own then its ok, but a little short. I certainly wouldn't buy Bad company 2 just for singleplayer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I went for Just Cause 2 in the end, thought I would get more game time out of it, I might rent Bad Company 2 for a few nights instead.
    Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement