Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blackberry question

Options
  • 02-04-2010 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

The mate has a blackberry curve 8900(I think). He has switched from 02 to meteor and wants to take all his contacts from the blackberry to his new Nokia E72. The lads in the shop say all contacts are on his blackberry memory and not his sim and it is not possible to transfer them onto his 02 sim so they can put it in that sim gaget in the shop which takes it from your old sim onto your new one. Either way it probably wouldn't work as he has about 500 numbers and I think the lad in the shop said the sim can only hold about 200 and odd numbers.
    He has used the blackberry software to back up his phone to the laptop but I presume this wont allow him to transfer the saved numbers if he connects his new E72 to the laptop. In the same way if he connects the E72 to his laptop I presume the Nokia software wont recognize the blackberry saved contact file?

IF all of the above is correct what is the best way to get his saved contact numbers onto his new E72 memory in one go, bluetooth/third party software?.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Welcome to the nightmare of backing up\importing contacts with blackberries...
    One option is to use the blackberry desktop manager software to sync the contacts with windows (this will store them in c:\users\name\contacts on vista iirc)
    Importing them to the nokia should be easy enough then, as I believe they are standard .vcf contacts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks for the fast response Tman, will pass that info onto him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭francois

This can be a pain
    Turn off wireless reconciliation
    start blackberry desktop manager
    click synchronization-configure synch (this will vary depending on which version you have)
    select your adress book, in the options there should be a ascii impoter/exporter option, select export-in the options Select Comma and Double quotation marks, if they’re not already selected, then proceed to export as a csv file
    You should be able to import these into the nokia-if not, import them to outlook contacts and synchronise these with the nokia

that should work for you

Advertisement