Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timesplitters 4?

Options
  • 02-04-2010 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Do you think there'll be another timesplitters ? The first 3 were so good. My favourite games for the gamecube :)

if they did another one , these consoles would be able to handle way more maps , more characters , a better map maker and possibly downloadable content. That would be awesome.

so anybody heard anything of a forth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Haze killed the company that made timesplitters so i doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Sirpineapple

Oh that sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

According to wikipedia:
    Despite the game officially being announced as being in development, the future of the title became uncertain due to Free Radical Design going into administration on December 18, 2008. However, the studio was bought by Crytek, the developers behind the Crysis series. Free Radical have changed their name to Crytek UK. As of August 17, 2009, the project has officially been declared as on hold. In a recent interview, Crytek UK claimed that they would continue the project once there is a high industry demand for such a game.

So basically, don't hold your breath

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Timesplitters 2 is possibly the greatest co-op game i have ever played.It had monkeys too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭t4k30

d22ontour wrote: »
    Timesplitters 2 is possibly the greatest co-op game i have ever played.It had monkeys too. :D

No way Timesplitters 3 : Future Perfect was Defo the Best !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

prolly just piss the OP off seeing as tho free radical dead and this is 3 years old :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Harry Tipper: Legend.

I'd love to see a new game but I doubt it. Console yourselves though, we can always play 1, 2 and 3. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

t4k30 wrote: »

TS3 can't be the best i ever played seeing as i never played it... ;) Wasn't released on the console i played then so i missed it... :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

R One-Oh-Seven
    R107_large.png

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Dr. Doak FTW

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Sirpineapple

Am I right in thinking you could play it on xbox live? That would have been cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

t4k30 wrote: »
    What a game, probably my favourite PS2 game! "It's time to split!". I still have the PS2 game, must give it a go, see how it stands up to MW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

'Deathmatch on Planet X' x10 was a nightly activity for a while back in the day with my little brother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Timesplitters on the PS2 was the only one I ever played but was good enough for me to want a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

FR were making Battlefront 3 when they went bust, now it seems to be stuck in limbo, with the alpha they had prepared being scrapped. That made me very sad. Battlefront 2 was the business! Even though it was made by Pandemic...who themselves seem to have gone bust...crazy world we live in when awesome game developers go under. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 blottedchimp

Man this better happen! Timesplitters 2 is the best FPS game IMHO! At least there's a chance it'll come out before Duke Nukem Forever...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I loved Timesplitters, fantastic games and nothing is as fun as blasting a cyborg monkey as a ninja monkey.Would work pretty well now with the emphasis on online play nowadays I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Dante

TS > TS2 > TS3 IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 blottedchimp

TS > TS2 > TS3 IMO

Nah man I gotta say I didn't really like the original single player wise. It was capture the flag basically and very difficult! I guess they were just starting the series and it was early days.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

*revives thread*

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-01-timesplitters-crytek-uk-talking-to-pubs

Timesplitters 4 is possible once again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

*revives thread*

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-01-timesplitters-crytek-uk-talking-to-pubs

Timesplitters 4 is possible once again :D

D:

YES!

Advertisement