Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to delete accidental threads.

Options
  • 02-04-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Posted http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055872786 and it seems I cannot delete it. I'm able to delete posts under the thread, but not able to delete the thread itself, even if I have no posts under it.

By design, or a fault?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

As far as i know, users were never (well in my time) able to delete a thread they started, merely modify the content and title. Id imagine its by design so people dont start threads and then delete themif they dont like the course its taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It was possible to delete a thread in the past, provided nobody had replied to it

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It was possible to delete a thread in the past, provided nobody had replied to it
    That is correct. It seems, though, now you cannot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

the_syco wrote: »
    That is correct. It seems, though, now you cannot.

Perhaps to prevent people from starting a libelous or insulting thread and then deleting it before a moderator sees it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I can delete my threads - just did it in the test forum..

Edit your post, click "go advanced" and the delete message option should be there.

If someone has replied it won't work though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The option isn't there for me.. maybe it's only enabled for Mods now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

The option isn't there for me.. maybe it's only enabled for Mods now.
    Yeah, it seems that's the case. Just tried it with my test account and the delete option isn't there.

It definitely used to be there (for all) though.

Advertisement