Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Us Save Quinn. Join Our Rally!

Options
  • 02-04-2010 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Quinn Employees Rally organised for Tuesday 6th March.

Dublin
    Buses leaving Quinn Glass & Head Office Derrylin car parks at 8am.
    Buses leaving Kilmore Hotel at 8.30am.

Meeting at Buswell's at 11.45am for a march at 12pm to Taoiseach's and Finance Ministers offices, Merrion Square.

Cavan
    Meeting at Cavan Cathedral at 11.45am for a march at 12pm to Brendan Smith's office.

Buses leaving QIL Enniskillen at 10.15am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

And here' me thinking that's what the financial regulator was doing?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gahalarules

The job of the regulator is to appoint administrators who will run the business as a going concern.The have stopped insurance writing any new business in the UK.How is running a business into the ground helping it, or running it as a viable going concern???

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

The regulator has a duty to those that Quinn underwrites. Quinn has failed to provide sufficient unattached cash reserves to cover all of it's liabilities. In the interim the regulator has stopped Quinn recruiting new business in the UK. I'd imagine that this would have soemthing to do with the doubts about the ability of the Quinn insurance group to cover it's outstanding liabilities let alone new ones. I accept that what is happening to Quinn is unfortunate and I feel a great deal of sympathy fro those whose jobs are in danger but petitioning the regulator is shooting the messenger. We all know where lax regulation Has led us and correspondense between Quinn and the regulator from the recent past illustrates the fact that the management of Quinn insurance has played hard and fast with the regulations governing the industry.

I would suggest that the fault for this debacle lies not with the regulator but with the management of Quinn. They either ignored the funding rules or thought that they were above them or were unable to comply due to financial difficulties or perhaps a combination. They have not met the funding rules to protect their customers and that is why the regulator has stepped in and restricted the business; not I'd imagine out of malice.

Advertisement