Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my dog might have a brain tumor .... :(

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭doggiewalker00

if shes anything like mine,shell have no problem spending six weeks sleeping and relaxing,curled up in a ball on your lap:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

if shes anything like mine,shell have no problem spending six weeks sleeping and relaxing,curled up in a ball on your lap:)

How true - it's doggy paradise!! She'll probably prolong her recuperation to ensure the pampering continues;)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

hey all..
    Honey was great for the last wek, lively and in great form, she had 2 bad days over weekend, but was great again yesterday.. she had a bad night last night so vet called today to see her.. he said she is getting worse not better and that she is never going to recover.. and that the best thing would be to put her to sleep :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

hey all..
    Honey was great for the last wek, lively and in great form, she had 2 bad days over weekend, but was great again yesterday.. she had a bad night last night so vet called today to see her.. he said she is getting worse not better and that she is never going to recover.. and that the best thing would be to put her to sleep :(
    *hugs to make you feel better*

heartbroken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

So so sorry to hear that Maggie :( Just give her all the love you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Maggie that's heartbreaking, if she has to be put to sleep just give her the best love you can in her last days, but obviously ye are trying all avenues first.
    My hearts with you and your family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭PaulB91

Hey Maggie - i'm sorry to hear that - but remember that as lucky as you are to have her she is as lucky to have you - try to be strong for her and give her a hug from me

O no. I was so upset to read that news and I am gutted for you. I know how you must be feeling right now and how awful that feeling is. But the main thing for her right now is that you are there for her, giving her love and comfort. Get a second opinion if it makes you feel better as well, although, if you fully trust your vet as I did in my case, you'll know what's in Honey's best interest. Think of all the love and fun you've shared with her and all that she has given you - don't let her suffer now. You will be in my thoughts and prayers:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Sorry to hear your sad news...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

So sorry to hear that news :(

Im so sorry to hear that :(
    I dont want to intrude but what is the reason behind the vet deciding that.Is it cause she has a heart mumour?I know alot of cavs who have lived long time with one.(with careful care and the right miedicine they can live happpy lives).

her heart murmour caused a stroke.. she was on medication to try to prevent another stroke but vet said there was no guarentee that it wouldnt happen again at some stage in her life.. the awful thing is that she got her 2nd stroke a week after the first, just to look at her you could see the pain she was on (eventhough she was already on very intensive pain meds) she was a frail shaddow of the dog she was.. he said that she was in a lot of pain and that her quality of life to keep her alive would be awful (he didnt say these words but thats what he meant- he never pressured us into putting her to sleep, told us the options..) option was that she would go on more medication to lessen the pain but said she would still be in a degree of pain.. when we made the decision he said it was the best one to make for her (he said he wouldnt make the decision for us so it had to be what we thought was right for honey)

I miss her so so much but i wouldnt allow her to be in that much pain, pain that she could hardly eat anymore.. we hade to hand feed her.. we had to syringe water for her.. everytime she moved awkwardly she cried in pain.. and there was nothing we could do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

;-(

25438_412619278593_782763593_5045198_1676631_n.jpg

25438_412619268593_782763593_5045197_6549591_n.jpg

25438_414991368593_782763593_5102251_3760212_n.jpg

some pictures of honey xxx RIP

She's a real beauty. I actually feel as though I know her from reading this thread. You are a brave person and a good one and you did the right thing. I have been there and was totally devastated and heartbroken but, like you, there was nothing more I could do to help my precious fur-baby. Cherish her memory and remember the love you gave and received from her. X

like im sure some people will say ohh well why didnt you give her another 1-2 months life.. but what life would it be if she was in constant pain!!

i have 2 more baby doggies at home which i am gona mind with all my life!!!!!!!! a cavalier and a yorkie.
    A nice thing thouugh is I have Honey's puppy which will remind me everyday of Honey!! she isnt really a puppy anymore (she is about 1.5years) but shes a puppy to me!!!

thanks to everyone for your thoughts
    x

does bring a tear to my eye - she was well loved and will be keeping an eye on ou making sure your ok i have no doubt

her heart murmour caused a stroke.. she was on medication to try to prevent another stroke but vet said there was no guarentee that it wouldnt happen again at some stage in her life.. the awful thing is that she got her 2nd stroke a week after the first, just to look at her you could see the pain she was on (eventhough she was already on very intensive pain meds) she was a frail shaddow of the dog she was.. he said that she was in a lot of pain and that her quality of life to keep her alive would be awful (he didnt say these words but thats what he meant- he never pressured us into putting her to sleep, told us the options..) option was that she would go on more medication to lessen the pain but said she would still be in a degree of pain.. when we made the decision he said it was the best one to make for her (he said he wouldnt make the decision for us so it had to be what we thought was right for honey)

I miss her so so much but i wouldnt allow her to be in that much pain, pain that she could hardly eat anymore.. we hade to hand feed her.. we had to syringe water for her.. everytime she moved awkwardly she cried in pain.. and there was nothing we could do

i think you made not only the right decision but a brave one, i would tear off an arm to keep my dogs alive, but in this circumstance i think you did the right thing

• Advertisement

You did the right thing Maggie
    from the looks of the pics Honey was quite a looker,absolutley gorgous and had a great 5 years
    Rip Honey

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Lovely pics. Cherish the memories. She was a beauty.
    All the best and look after yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

So sorry to hear about your girl, sounds similar to what happened to my last GSD, she had a small stroke two weeks before she died. Although it broke our hearts to put her down in the end I know what we did was best for her as I'm sure what you did for Honey was best, they never seem to be with us for long enough do they. Just think of her over the rainbow now running around pain free as she deserves x

Advertisement