Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer festival tomorrow

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Minstrel

Don't think so. Think it's just at the beerfests. Hopefully the usual burger guy will be back in october.

Give the man time. Takes a while to get the hang of it. I had a job flipping burgers for a while once... he'll be well up to speed after a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Really pished that i missed this last weekend, was up in Limerick working. Its a long wait til October :(

Really pished that i missed this last weekend, was up in Limerick working. Its a long wait til October :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Well if you are interested, they are hosting a slightly different sort of event on May the 29th.

It will be a home brew expo and public brew. You will see beer being brewed on a small scale, have samples of amateur brewed beer and suppliers will be there to show their wares as well.

If you have never had a home brew before, or if your only experience is from the 80's or someone who tried to make a lager from a can of beer extract then you are in for a treat because the way most of us make beer is the same way larger breweries make beer and the results are often better than what you can buy commercially or at least as good.

Two of the breweries at EasterFest started out homebrewing and I bet they still do so they can perfect recipes.

Anyway it looks like the brew begins at noon, doors open at 10am on the 29th. See the ICB thread for more info.

Failing that, the Galway festival is coming up and the breweries should be there for that.

Excellent Saruman, i shall endeavour to attend the Homebrew expo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement