Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still an Apprentice??

Options
  • 02-04-2010 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi there, not sure if this is the right board but I'll give it a try!
    My Boyfriend trained as an electrical apprentice through FAS a few years ago. As far as I know he completed all the phases but fell at one of the last hurdles by failing the Electrical Science exam in Sligo.
    He is still working as an electrician but is getting paid an apprentice wage! Does anyone know what his options are to finish and get his electrician qualification? He is doing the job of a fully qualified electrician just not getting paid for it because he failed one exam.
    Is there any way he could just resit this exam (it's about 3 years or so since he failed.) Or anything else he can do that does not mean starting again from square one?
    Any help or advice is much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Your apprenticeship dosent end if you fail 1 exam.He wouldve been offered the chance to repeat at the time.If he didnt bother then I dont know what the story is.You can repeat any exam a maximum of 3 times,sometimes a fourth sitting is given under exceptional circumstances.

He needs to contact services to business in his local fas training centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

there are three official resit options with a forth for special cases.

Once he has the time served and all three study phases passed he will get his trade cert, all he has to do is to ring FAS with his registration number and pick a time to resit the exam.

Advertisement