Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham report Fulham to the FA

• 02-04-2010 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭

Breaking news on Sky Sports News now that the FA have received a complaint from West Ham about Fulham fielding a weakened team against Hull.

This annoys me. It's nothing to do with West Ham what team selection Roy Hodgson makes. He's using his squad which he's perfectly entitled to.

It's the same sh!t that Neil Warnock came out with a couple of season ago when Sheff Utd went down.

It's down to West Ham to try and stay up, it's in their hands at the moment. If they get relegated, it's because they weren't good enough!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That was to be expected, apparently Fulham have an outstanding legal action against the Hammers still rumbling away (merit money from 2006/2007 season).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I can understand the complaint however we did'nt See west ham complaining when uniteds weakened team kept them in the prem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I can understand the complaint however we did'nt See west ham complaining when uniteds weakened team kept them in the prem.
    Well you'd be worried if they were complaining wouldn't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i don't like the new west ham owners, this stinks of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

The FA made a rod for their own back when they fined Wolves.

A case like this was pretty much inevitable, especially from the dildo salesman at West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    The FA made a rod for their own back when they fined Wolves.

A case like this was pretty much inevitable, especially from the dildo salesman at West Ham.

:pac: :pac:

And the thing about the Wolves episode is that eight of the starting line up at Old Trafford that night featured in their win over West Ham last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Mr Alan wrote: »

Not just a because I'm a Villa fan, but definitely this.

The gaudy suits alone should be enough proof that they're a pair of charlatan conmen.

The FA need to stay out of team selection affairs imo. If you benefit/suffer from a team resting players, that's just the luck of the draw, that will at most affect you once a season.

It's tampering with an impossibly grey area that is only going to set precedents for future headaches. Should teams be compensated if the weather wasn't to their liking? If the crowd put them off by being more noisy than for other matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's a stupid rule.

teams should play whatever f*cking team they like if it's serving their own interests.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

SlickRic wrote: »
    it's a stupid rule.

teams should play whatever f*cking team they like if it's serving their own interests.
    +1

My view exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

These are the differences in the team:

Hull:
    Aaron Hughes
    Dickson Etuhu
    Damien Duff
    Danny Murphy
    Bobby Zamora

Wolfsburg:
    Chris Smalling
    Nicky Shorey
    Kagisho Evidence Dikgacoi
    Chris Baird
    Bjorn Riise

Surely Smalling, Shorey and Baird are acceptable stand-ins at home to Hull? I think Fulham were unlucky, that's all!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Mr Alan wrote: »
    To me, it seems like David Sullivan is the one that can't keep his mouth shut. I've heard relatively little from David Gold since they took over.

Like I said in another thread, this is a ridiculous thing to do and it's now guaranteed that Fulham will play their strongest team next month when/if they're out of Europe.
    Having said that, it's also ridiculous that Fulham are still sueing us. We've been sued so many times in recent years it's only fair that we give something back to the football community.
    we did'nt See west ham complaining when uniteds weakened team kept them in the prem.
    Hardly a weakened team was it? As far as I remember, the only first team regular that wasn't in the squad was Rio and that was because he didn't want to be on the team that relegated us and his brother. Also Man U had 20 shots on target to our 4.
    Sorry, just can't stand it when people go on about Man U playing a weak side against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

If this goes through, without Hodgson having made any comments to 'put the league into disrepute' like McCarthy did (which he hasn't) then it opens a big can of worms.

If pool rest a fit Torres for example, it could easily be argued that pool fielded a weakened team as the drop down in quality is quite large.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Massive! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The FA should not beinvolved in this one, it is the managers sole job/right to pick the team

he shouldnt answer to anyone apart from the chairman and the fans

not to other managers and not to the FA, especially since he hasnt said anything like what Mcarthy said. Mick got in trouble for bringing the league into direpute or whatever, at some stage in a season, most teams will rotate their players because of fatigue, or form or becuase they have an eye on a more important game to the club

nothing wrong with it

Cant see the FA intervening in this one, should actually fine Gold/Sullivan for wasting peoples time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Fulham should be rewarded for taking the competition seriously unlike some other notable teams who fielded weakended sides in the UEFA Cup. United have never got fined for feilding weakened sides in the group stages or for instance against Hull last season.The FA wouldnt dare take them on and Wolves were very niave to let it go IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Fulham have a small squad and are playing three games in 7 days regularly.

There would be something wrong if they were NOT prioritising the Europa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

jasonorr wrote: »
    Kagisho Evidence Dikgacoi
    wtf, is that his name or a cut and paste typo?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Des wrote: »

apparently, nope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kagisho_Dikgacoi

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Maybe Fulham got a bit of karma with conceding that late goal last nite haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Des wrote: »

Haha, his actual name. I copied it from soccernet, didn't even spot it myself when I posted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

They'll proabably want to sue if they do go down to help them pay for this
    West Ham agreed to pay Sheffield United £4 million a year for the next five years after an independent Football Association arbitration panel, chaired by Lord Griffiths, found that Tevez had played a decisive role in relegating the club from the Premier League in May 2007

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Hardly a weakened team was it? As far as I remember, the only first team regular that wasn't in the squad was Rio and that was because he didn't want to be on the team that relegated us and his brother. Also Man U had 20 shots on target to our 4.
    Sorry, just can't stand it when people go on about Man U playing a weak side against us.
    Man Utd: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Brown, Heinze, Evra (Giggs 57), Solskjaer, Carrick (Scholes 58), Fletcher, Richardson, Smith (Ronaldo 58), Rooney.
    Subs Not Used: Kuszczak, Vidic.

Meh, benching Ronaldo and Giggs was a bit of a favour but West Ham really wanted it during that run-in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Gianfranco Zola admits he didn't hear about the complaint and doesn't support it. Meanwhile, David Gold is interviewed in the back of a limo outside of Upton Park!!!

Advertisement