Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you obsessive about at night that you wouldn't do during the day?

Options
  • 02-04-2010 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭

We all have many passions in life , although sometimes it really just doesn't fit into the time we have in our day to day life .
    I know I could easily watch three movies back to back or play the guitar for 8 hours something I usually don't have time for in the day .

There also things like cooking that I prefer to do at night or at least prepare for a dinner party the next day . I never get a chance during the day usually .

So what about yourselves , what quirky things do you do?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Draw.

I usually only draw at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm often starving at night as I don't really eat that much during the day so I'd probably be like the OP and cook.

I've made some interesting things with very few ingredients. I actually also watch a bit of wrestling now when I'm up late. Nothing else really on so I've gotten hooked on it again having not watched it in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I'd also watch films back to back at night.

Write letters to my unusual pen pals.

Constantly thinking of what the hell I'm doing with my life, think of possible scenarios and make lists of what the outcome of each might be!

Make other lists. Started another one entitled "If/When Moving To Galway/Dublin Bring:" :D

Spend hours on Boards! \o/

Or if the notion hits me and I'm full of energy go on a cleaning spree in my room.....sometimes it hits about 2am and I'm wide awake so have to!

Yeah I need to start a hobby of some kind or knock myself out and go to sleep :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, films. I'll watch a film during the day time, but it's not the same as at night. The mood just hits me much better at night.

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Generally try and do stuff to feed my mind.

Reading, watching movies, listening to music, try and get back into the drawing, as well are re-learn the guitar.

I find that my mind just seems to be really alert as the fiery one descends for the day.

Find boards is good for this too. I hear about a subject during the day and then go looking for any threads discussing the subject.

Also trying to find info about part time courses for computer programming.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I've got good sleeping patterns unfortunately. Most of the time I'm in bed by 11pm but at the weekend I stay up until the early hours. Obviously one thing I would do at night that I wouldn't during the day is drink alcohol. But that's society's fault for pushing their norms on me. ;)

I actually spend a bit of time in my back garden too at night just staring into the night sky. There are a lot of lamps where I live so they manage to create this orange brown effect in the sky, it really is amazing to gaze at.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Like Koth, my brain just kicks in at night and I end up writing, drawing, making music etc etc. If I knew how to make it kick in during the day I'd be some sort of evil dictator! :P

koth wrote: »
    Also trying to find info about part time courses for computer programming.

This is what I will spend my night doing from now on.
    Practising my programming over and over and over again.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Obviously one thing I would do at night that I wouldn't during the day is drink alcohol. But that's society's fault for pushing their norms on me. ;)

I actually spend a bit of time in my back garden too at night just staring into the night sky. There are a lot of lamps where I live so they manage to create this orange brown effect in the sky, it really is amazing to gaze at.

I LOVE drinking alcohol during the day.
    Sitting in a cozy pub with a big fire and funky music.
    Completely normal for meeeee! :)

If it wasn't so cold at night here I'd love spending hours outside looking at the stars. Did that few times in NZ twas amazing.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Like Koth, my brain just kicks in at night and I end up writing, drawing, making music etc etc. If I knew how to make it kick in during the day I'd be some sort of evil dictator! :P
    :D

what we really need to do is get the daywalkers to join the night. then there'll be no stopping us :D:D
    ToniTuddle wrote: »
    This is what I will spend my night doing from now on.
    Practising my programming over and over and over again.

Nerd!!!!:P:pac:

Fewcifur wrote: »

So that's why you always took your time voting in the tournament. :pac:
    I LOVE drinking alcohol during the day.
    Sitting in a cozy pub with a big fire and funky music.
    Completely normal for meeeee! :)

Your local sounds better than mine though. :pac:

• Advertisement

Nerd!!!!:P:pac:

You gots a problem with that?

*Licks*

:pac:

Your local sounds better than mine though. :pac:

Well not exactly a local but near enough :D
    Hmm....wonder if any of them are open today...probably not.

Was going to go over to local shop and buy booze(as my old boss always sells alcohol today:D) BUT instead I shall save my money for the Noc beers!

\o/

Will make chocolate rice crispie buns instead. Though I don't bother putting them into little cases. Better to eat out of the saucepan as they stay nice and warm and yummy until ye finish them!!! :pac:

You gots a problem with that?

*Licks*

:pac:

not any more I don't:p:pac:

Also when I was living in biffoland, I used to like going for walks with the ipod at night. Lived a quiet country area so could go for walks and not meet any people/cars. Sometimes I may have pretended to be a rural ninja :o:pac:

Well not exactly a local but near enough :D
    Hmm....wonder if any of them are open today...probably not.

Was going to go over to local shop and buy booze(as my old boss always sells alcohol today:D) BUT instead I shall save my money for the Noc beers!

\o/

Will make chocolate rice crispie buns instead. Though I don't bother putting them into little cases. Better to eat out of the saucepan as they stay nice and warm and yummy until ye finish them!!! :pac:

You and me both. :pac: But rice crispie don't sound too good a substitution for alcohol! :p

not any more I don't:p:pac:

Also when I was living in biffoland, I used to like going for walks with the ipod at night. Lived a quiet country area so could go for walks and not meet any people/cars. Sometimes I may have pretended to be a rural ninja :o:pac:

Biffoland???? magical place??

Yes that's definitely another one going for walks just before it turned too dark. Music blaring and imagination flying!

You and me both. :pac: But rice crispie don't sound too good a substitution for alcohol! :p

Lizzy!! :(
    Your suppose to say "yes Toni that is a good substitute and you won't miss the glorious taste of alcohol swirling around your tongue".

*sobs and dreams of whiskey*

I also hang out with the cats and the dog(if he aint asleep) at night too as only time I get to see them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

If I posted an honest answer to this thread, I'd be banned :/

Oh and just to add to this, it's like the colour scheme Christopher Nolan uses for the Narrows in Batman Begins. Awesome. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

:D

what we really need to do is get the daywalkers to join the night. then there'll be no stopping us :D:D

No way, what makes night time brilliant is that they are not there. I appreciate things a lot more when there are less people around. The difference in noise levels is subtle but huge. The day time there is a constant background noise that is incessant. This is one of the reasons why night time is so great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I'd watch any crap film that's on T.V. during the night and enjoy it. :P

Advertisement