Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems with new build. Help Please!!

Options
  • 02-04-2010 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

hi, just after building my first computer. I have the new i3 540 processor installed on an Asus p7h55-m pro motherboard. Everything seems to work ok but having problems playing videos. They are playing slow. I have done a computer preformance on windows 7 and scored 6.9 on nearly everything except the graphics which only scored 1.No pci card installed because I was told the 13 540 processor has its own graphics on board. Do I need to update the drivers or do i need to go into bios and change settings?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

bozharry wrote: »
    hi, just after building my first computer. I have the new i3 540 processor installed on an Asus p7h55-m pro motherboard. Everything seems to work ok but having problems playing videos. They are playing slow. I have done a computer preformance on windows 7 and scored 6.9 on nearly everything except the graphics which only scored 1.No pci card installed because I was told the 13 540 processor has its own graphics on board. Do I need to update the drivers or do i need to go into bios and change settings?
    Thanks
    As far as I know i3's don't have graphics on board, that would be your Motherboard which has them, install the drivers for the motherboard's card and you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭bozharry

says on i 3 box that it has intel graphics media accelerator?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

bozharry wrote: »
    says on i 3 box that it has intel graphics media accelerator?
    Hmm, I've never heard of that but then again I don't know much about the iX processors, I'll look into it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

As far as I know i3's don't have graphics on board, that would be your Motherboard which has them, install the drivers for the motherboard's card and you should be fine.

No the i3 comes with its own 45nm graphics core on die with the cpu. Only thing I can think of OP is to make sure onboard graphics are enabled in the bios with all options relating to them too. Then try update the bios and drivers for the motherboard

will i use the disc that came with the asus motherboard?

• Advertisement

When you installed windows on the machine was it connected to the internet? If so then windows would have downloaded what it thought were the most up to date drivers. If not then it would have installed some aweful crap on it. Try Asus' website first

no it wasnt connected to the internet.checked the driver release date and it says 2006.this is my first build,so not to well up on things,only learning as i go along.will connect to the inter net and update and see how i go from here.when i played video and seen the quality,i tought it has to be better than this with the processor im using.hopefully it works.will get back to you

Ah yeah, windows probably loaded a driver for an old intel graphics chip and not your one. I'd recommend updating everything. It should just be a case of right clicking each device in device manager and selecting update. That should make sure any other bugs or old drivers windows loaded are gone

updated the driver for the intel chip from intels main website,and it done the trick,not bad for first pc build.only 1 little hiccup.thanks alot for your help.:D

No build should ever go together perfectly. The ones that do are jinxed and will have a much bigger problem down the line(Or so I believe):o Enjoy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement