Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Entertainment (Broadband)

Options
  • 02-04-2010 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Well best of luck to anyone who has problems with Magnet internet over the weekend. Just been told that no 2nd level support available till Tuesday. They are imo the worst of the providers in the country, even worse then the old Eircom! Will be switching provider but fear that all are as bad as each other.

Thanks for listening, feel much better now!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

snollup wrote: »
    Well best of luck to anyone who has problems with Magnet internet over the weekend. Just been told that no 2nd level support available till Tuesday. They are imo the worst of the providers in the country, even worse then the old Eircom! Will be switching provider but fear that all are as bad as each other.

It is pretty hilarious alright:

magsupp.jpg

'Support dedicated to you' (Mon-Fri, 9-5 ONLY)

They are brutal to deal with, I'm just thankful I've had no cause to thus far.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Is there anything I can do to help?

It is pretty hilarious alright:

magsupp.jpg

'Support dedicated to you' (Mon-Fri, 9-5 ONLY)

They are brutal to deal with, I'm just thankful I've had no cause to thus far.

Is there anything oustanding on your account that we can help with?

Support is 9-6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Support is 9-6pm
    - Not too much help to me as I work from 9 - 6.

No Rory, nothing whatsoever, have new provider and their service works unlike your POS of a service.

- Not too much help to me as I work from 9 - 6.

No Rory, nothing whatsoever, have new provider and their service works unlike your POS of a service.

Ok, If there is anyone at all I can help with a current issue I would be more than happy to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Support is 9-6pm

Nothing outstanding for me at the moment, thanks for asking. My point above is that the website states that support is dedicated to me(the customer) however I(the customer) must oblige you(the people I am paying) by having an issue Mon-Fri, 9-6pm.

Rory, it's nothing against you, I will actually commend your face-time on Boards...for a company that give such shoddy support you come under alot of fire but you stand firm and help where you can. The support structure is pretty pathetic for a service provider.

Nothing outstanding for me at the moment, thanks for asking. My point above is that the website states that support is dedicated to me(the customer) however I(the customer) must oblige you(the people I am paying) by having an issue Mon-Fri, 9-6pm.

Rory, it's nothing against you, I will actually commend your face-time on Boards...for a company that give such shoddy support you come under alot of fire but you stand firm and help where you can. The support structure is pretty pathetic for a service provider.

I will pass on your thoughts but we are making significant improvements and I can honestly say that wait times have dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭purpur1

Rory,

Just have a magnet question for you,

I was sold 8mg broadband, and then months later was told that i should never have been sold 8 mg broadband as my line is not able to handle it, so i was downgraded, but still charged €40 p/m.

Should the pricing not be revised?

purpur1 wrote: »
    Rory,

Just have a magnet question for you,

I was sold 8mg broadband, and then months later was told that i should never have been sold 8 mg broadband as my line is not able to handle it, so i was downgraded, but still charged €40 p/m.

Should the pricing not be revised?

Can you PM me and I can look into the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Can you PM me and I can look into the situation.

oh rory why your there can you ask your sales staff to stop ringing me 4 times a week trying to sell me broadband , as i said everytime to the sales rep i get twice the speed for the same price from my isp. i texed that number you advertised and its been pest pest pest ever since.

• Advertisement

almanu wrote: »
    oh rory why your there can you ask your sales staff to stop ringing me 4 times a week trying to sell me broadband , as i said everytime to the sales rep i get twice the speed for the same price from my isp. i texed that number you advertised and its been pest pest pest ever since.

PM me your name and I'll get whoever is calling to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I will pass on your thoughts but we are making significant improvements and I can honestly say that wait times have dropped.

significant improvements! I've had no choice but to live with Magnet since 2005, do you not think you could have got it right by now?

Of course the service went down during the World Cup final!

Anyone considering Magnet:

DON'T!

significant improvements! I've had no choice but to live with Magnet since 2005, do you not think you could have got it right by now?

Of course the service went down during the World Cup final!

Anyone considering Magnet:

DON'T!

Is there something specific bothering you at this moment in time? Can you PM me and I will look into the details.

Is there something specific bothering you at this moment in time? Can you PM me and I will look into the details.

wimax its coming across the nation ,wimax its the new sensation ......de de de da da luv that tune.......

quick question , if you guys are doing this 12 mb package for 64.99 a month...(gasp)

Magnet Bolt is Ireland's first and only dedicated online gaming experience.

WHAT YOU GET
    12Mb no sharing broadband*, indiviually tuned
    Fastest ping times
    Lowest latency available
    Optimised routing to the most popular gaming servers
    FREE evening and weekend local and national calls
    FREE 100 minutes of international calls to 20 top destinations**
    FREE WiFi Router
    FREE Installation***

UPC/NTL are doing this for 42.00 a month

Fibre Power Broadband 30Mb

Suitable for those who need super-fast speeds to download large videos or multimedia files. You can download a 4 minute YouTube video in 2 seconds. This speed also supports online gamers and comes with a FREE wireless router so ideal for households where more than one person wants to go online at the same time.

add 6 euro a month to that for the same phone package total 48.00 euro a month.

why would i move my isp for a substandard package ?
    also you can spin me with ping times as your engineer who i spoke too at magnet told me ypurs are around 45 - 65 ms .
    mine are usually 22 - 40ms.

heres my 15 mb fibre power speed which im paying 32.00 euros a month for,thats faster than your speeds for HALF THE PRICE ,can ya do better for cheaper ????

901402532.png

wimax its coming across the nation ,wimax its the new sensation ......de de de da da luv that tune.......

quick question , if you guys are doing this 12 mb package for 64.99 a month...(gasp)

Magnet Bolt is Ireland's first and only dedicated online gaming experience.

WHAT YOU GET
    12Mb no sharing broadband*, indiviually tuned
    Fastest ping times
    Lowest latency available
    Optimised routing to the most popular gaming servers
    FREE evening and weekend local and national calls
    FREE 100 minutes of international calls to 20 top destinations**
    FREE WiFi Router
    FREE Installation***

UPC/NTL are doing this for 42.00 a month

Fibre Power Broadband 30Mb

Suitable for those who need super-fast speeds to download large videos or multimedia files. You can download a 4 minute YouTube video in 2 seconds. This speed also supports online gamers and comes with a FREE wireless router so ideal for households where more than one person wants to go online at the same time.

add 6 euro a month to that for the same phone package total 48.00 euro a month.

why would i move my isp for a substandard package ?
    also you can spin me with ping times as your engineer who i spoke too at magnet told me ypurs are around 45 - 65 ms .
    mine are usually 22 - 40ms.

heres my 15 mb fibre power speed which im paying 32.00 euros a month for,thats faster than your speeds for HALF THE PRICE ,can ya do better for cheaper ????

901402532.png

If your happy with your current provider then there is nothing I can do to help you.

If anyone at all has specific problems I can help with I would be more than happy to help.

If your happy with your current provider then there is nothing I can do to help you.

If anyone at all has specific problems I can help with I would be more than happy to help.

flogging a dead horse springs to mind rory, in these hard time anyway.

flogging a dead horse springs to mind rory, in these hard time anyway.

Im here to help people. Im sorry we couldnt offer you something you were looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

901402532.png

HA ..hahahahha

Wait till something goes wrong with it :D

UPC are almost like a comedy,

When living in Ireland I was told I didn't have Internet with them despite having a modem and TV cable box from them, kept saying I must be wrong.

Their billing system is a total joke, overcharging is a common occurence with no explanation as to why. I wouldn never ever give them direct debit details again.

HA ..hahahahha

Wait till something goes wrong with it :D

UPC are almost like a comedy,

When living in Ireland I was told I didn't have Internet with them despite having a modem and TV cable box from them, kept saying I must be wrong.

Their billing system is a total joke, overcharging is a common occurence with no explanation as to why. I wouldn never ever give them direct debit details again.

direct debit is the problem , never use it with them . for the only reason that there ridiculously inept at billing you correctly , yes i will agree there bad in that sense ,also there products (HD box excluded) are dirt cheap and are problematic often, but as i dont have to pay for replacing them im not too bothered .im with them 8 years (moved to eircom for a month nightmare) and ive found in the last 8 to 12 months they have improved, you can hear some of my moans and groans in old posts i have here some place.
    i have not have any problems the last 6 months or so which is a house-hold record touch wood.

You might be able to help me by inventing time travel, going back to 2005 and having your company NOT sign an exclusive deal for The Gallery in Donabate.

That or else provide a decent continuous service.

• Advertisement

Re the above:

the former is more likely than the latter. Well, the time travel bit anyway. I'd say there is no chance in stopping the exclusive contracts.

Re the above:

the former is more likely than the latter. Well, the time travel bit anyway. I'd say there is no chance in stopping the exclusive contracts.

We did not sign any exclusive contracts in this regard. If there is something I can help you with please PM me and I will look into the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 zoom41

903297361.png

Steer clear of these losers i got force max 24mb and well you can see what im getting this is my first day with them too and i can tell yiz it will be my last...false advertising springs to mind and the fools i ended up talking to at customer support have not got a fukin clue what in the name of jaysus their talkin about anyway does anybody know of a reliable broadband provider for the howth area? except eircom the nosey so n sos

zoom41 wrote: »
    903297361.png

Steer clear of these losers i got force max 24mb and well you can see what im getting this is my first day with them too and i can tell yiz it will be my last...false advertising springs to mind and the fools i ended up talking to at customer support have not got a fukin clue what in the name of jaysus their talkin about anyway does anybody know of a reliable broadband provider for the howth area? except eircom the nosey so n sos

Can I help you on this (it must be noted the Howth area has extraordinarily long loop lengths).

Can you PM me and I can look into the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

zoom41 wrote: »
    903297361.png

If your lines rubbish then its going to be the same with every other provider as well.

More likely your Eircom provided copper line is crap,

Can I help you on this (it must be noted the Howth area has extraordinarily long loop lengths).

Can you PM me and I can look into the issue.

this guy is paying hard cold cash for 24mb ,you guys are giving him 1.5 mb, seriously , hi loop times well why didnt you guys tell him this when he was signing a contract with magnets , ridiculous crazy and down right underhanded.money first customers 2nd .cant see magnet lasting long, considering the whole sales pitch for your very hi prices is that the service is and i quote " THE BEST IN IRELAND" load of shte.
    op id try UPC/ntl there customer service is a joke but not much worse than magnets going by what you saying,

im paying 32 euros a month for this,903944111.png

ping test 21612932.png

it couldnt get packet loss due to my firewall.hence the B*
    21612932.png

this guy is paying hard cold cash for 24mb ,you guys are giving him 1.5 mb, seriously , hi loop times well why didnt you guys tell him this when he was signing a contract with magnets , ridiculous crazy and down right underhanded.money first customers 2nd .cant see magnet lasting long, considering the whole sales pitch for your very hi prices is that the service is and i quote " THE BEST IN IRELAND" load of shte.
    op id try UPC/ntl there customer service is a joke but not much worse than magnets going by what you saying,

im paying 32 euros a month for this,903944111.png

ping test 21612932.png

it couldnt get packet loss due to my firewall.21612932.png

The copper quality and line length inhibits the speed on all DSL services. And in the case above we are hoping to contact the customer to try to go through the situation.

We are clear about the "up to" nature of the service from sign up, recently we also made a policy of stating this fact in the verbal contract. Is there a specific difficulty that you are having, if you know of anyone who was misguided in this sense please contact me and I will look into the circumstances.

The copper quality and line length inhibits the speed on all DSL services. And in the case above we are hoping to contact the customer to try to go through the situation.
    We are clear about the "up to" nature of the service from sign up,
    recently we also made a policy of stating this fact in the verbal contract. Is there a specific difficulty that you are having,
    if you know of anyone who was misguided in this sense please contact me and I will look into the circumstances.

so if i sign a contract for 24mb speed , then only recieve 1.2 mb even when im billed for "up to 24mb " speeds ,this just dosnt seem right to me ,if your techs knew the lines in howth were bad , should you not have stated this in the sale.ie you can pay for 24mb but you wont get that in your area, id recomend a lower priced package untill we upgrade your area, customer is happy with your honesty ,you get a happy customer, from what im hearing you just lost last poster.

so if i sign a contract for 24mb speed , then only recieve 1.2 mb even when im billed for "up to 24mb " speeds ,this just dosnt seem right to me ,if your techs knew the lines in howth were bad , should you not have stated this in the sale.

We most likely did mention this, we are still waiting for the op to get back to us on this.

Once the op gets back to us we can look into the situation in more depth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 zoom41

We most likely did mention this, we are still waiting for the op to get back to us on this.

Once the op gets back to us we can look into the situation in more depth.

Well i can assure you Rory you did not tell me there was any problem in fact you were adamant that your speeds would easily beat eircoms when it is quite the contary i got what i paid for from eircom 7mb and got just a fraction under it.

As i have said in previous post if you cannot meet your end of the bargain then i certainly will not meet mine.

Advertisement