Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get good irish backlinks

Options
  • 02-04-2010 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I have a local business directory,and im having a bit of trouble getting local backlinks.Been through hotfrog,qype,olx,gumtree etc but was wondering if there are any more out there.Also article directories (preferably free or low cost),any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RedFly

I know you've probably heard this before but I would suggest that you "engage with the community". Subscribe to all the Irish bloggers blogs that you like or are even remotely interesting to you. Go to tweetups, meetups, whateverups.

ASK your audience what they would like to see on your site.
    Provide it.
    Don't be afraid to ask for links.

There's a TON of articles out there on how to build authority and backlinks. It applies to Ireland too you know :)

In fact, I'm going to write a blog post on this exact subject. See what I'm getting at here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 trickobrien

Point taken redfly but you have to admit,its hard to find relevant backlinks in Ireland.Anchor text seems to help a lot,even from unreleated niches,so maybe thats the way to go here.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RedFly

Again, I know I sound like a scratched CD but forget about directories etc. for the moment. Blog content that's really useful. People WILL link to it. When they do, and you've connected with them on a personal level, you can simply ask them to change the anchor text.

Have a read of this, I have this printed out and refer to it EVERY time I start a new project or site now.

http://searchengineland.com/seven-deadly-link-sins-38905

I'd also subscribe to:
    http://wiep.net

Finally, I've personally used EVERY SINGLE ONE of the tips here:
    http://www.searchenginejournal.com/101-tactics-buy-text-links/13578/

However, as I have mentioned, the best, most authoritative Irish links I've gotten or our clients have gotten are from those people they have connected with on a personal level. i.e,"My Friend Dave wrote a post..."

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 3q1dyefv2crlj8

Point taken redfly but you have to admit,its hard to find relevant backlinks in Ireland.Anchor text seems to help a lot,even from unreleated niches,so maybe thats the way to go here.

I just launched http://www.backlinks.ie feel free to post your link there, all free and I will be upping the time to one year for all links, more than happy to take blog content from anyone to help promote their site :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

Hi, I find that twitter can be very useful for building quality links, both reciprocal and just backlinks.

I look after an Irish website for a well known brand and I agree, it does seem tough in Ireland to get backlinks, possibly simply because there's a lot less of us.

I also look after a UK website with very healthy backlinks from some big hitters, the difference is the UK site has over 140 pages of unique content, so that tends to get linked to anyway with out me having to ask.

But....Twitter comes into play as well with regards the UK site too, I am constantly asking in a nice way for links. I take time to explain in tweets or via email the benefits of linking to my content.

I explain how linking to my content can enhance their website's visitors and so forth, quite often this results in a link.

There are a lot of forward thinking Irish businesses on twitter and a great #SMEcommunity and #IreBiz community all willing to swap ideas and help each other.

If you don't already use twitter for your business I would suggest giving it a try, I certainly have gained backlinks from fellow Irish businesses that way.

Good luck.

• Advertisement

Hi, I find that twitter can be very useful for building quality links, both reciprocal and just backlinks.

I look after an Irish website for a well known brand and I agree, it does seem tough in Ireland to get backlinks, possibly simply because there's a lot less of us.

I also look after a UK website with very healthy backlinks from some big hitters, the difference is the UK site has over 140 pages of unique content, so that tends to get linked to anyway with out me having to ask.

But....Twitter comes into play as well with regards the UK site too, I am constantly asking in a nice way for links. I take time to explain in tweets or via email the benefits of linking to my content.

I explain how linking to my content can enhance their website's visitors and so forth, quite often this results in a link.

There are a lot of forward thinking Irish businesses on twitter and a great #SMEcommunity and #IreBiz community all willing to swap ideas and help each other.

If you don't already use twitter for your business I would suggest giving it a try, I certainly have gained backlinks from fellow Irish businesses that way.

Good luck.

Solid advice, twitter and google+ work well for me, loads of links dirs out there, my hope is that I can make a good one and one that is free of spam and nonsense :)

jasonjason wrote: »
    Solid advice, twitter and google+ work well for me, loads of links dirs out there, my hope is that I can make a good one and one that is free of spam and nonsense :)

Hi,
    That is a great news. I think, you have to go for Irish classified sites also to get Irish backlinks to your site. I hope, it works for your site.

All the best.

It's been working well so far we are doing well on google and the links back to sites seem to be helpful :) feel free to link all are free http://backlinks.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 josephsls

Can anyone help me get Irish backlinks for my website

• Registered Users Posts: 3 josephsls

24425_21106My website for which I am looking for backlinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alexago

Any updates here?

Advertisement