Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic Pints in Thomond Park?

Options
  • 02-04-2010 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Important Stadium Information:

* The stadium has a non-smoking policy, there are designated areas for smoking behind the terraces and on the top level of both stands
    * There are bars and catering facilities on all terraces and each level of both stands, however no alcohol can be consumed in the terraces or the seating areas

Finally, there will be stewards and security on site to assist you with your enquiries on the day and to ensure that the event runs smoothly and safely, please respect their requests.

The above was from around the time the 'new' Thomond Park opened.

Was in the West Stand at the Glasgow Warriors game in Thomond Park and People were carrying back Plastic Pints in 3's and 4's

- Has this rule been relaxed over time or does it vary according to the Steward you meet on the stairs while making your way back to yer the terrace/seat?

Also, nearly as important..... Can anyone tell me where the Park and Ride centres are and roughly what time they'll start and finish for an 8pm game?

- Checked on the Munsterfans site but wasn't much help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

I think the rules regarding drinking on the terrace/stands has been relaxed alright. I'm pretty sure there was even a bloke walking around the west terrace earlier in the year with a minature keg of Heineken strapped to his back selling pints.

As for park and ride.

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/7351.php

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I think the rules regarding drinking on the terrace/stands has been relaxed alright. I'm pretty sure there was even a bloke walking around the west terrace earlier in the year with a minature keg of Heineken strapped to his back selling pints.

As for park and ride.

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/7351.php

Thanks for that Fontman!

Its not mentioned in that link, but just to mention is case its useful to anyone, I rang the Southcourt Hotel who confirmed that Park 'n Ride starts at 5.30pm from their car park in Raheen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

Ive had a few tipples in the terraces... Plastic pint glasses, and i remember asking the stewards was i allowed take them in, they just said "go ahead"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

im a steward in thomond and drinking is allowed in the stadium provided its a drink bought from the bar..if its not from the bar just keep it hidden ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Plastic glasses for plastic fans. How apt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I don't know why people cannot drink on the stands or terrace. It make's no sense.

The bottles of Bud & Heineken are plastic, dont know about the others and the pint's are in plastic glasses.

A badly cooked hotdog would do more damage FFS.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Berty wrote: »
    I don't know why people cannot drink on the stands or terrace. It make's no sense.

The bottles of Bud & Heineken are plastic, dont know about the others and the pint's are in plastic glasses.

A badly cooked hotdog would do more damage FFS.

People can and do drink in the stands and terraces, at rugby matches.
    The two soccer matches last summer had to apply different rules though.

I know and I support the fact that they can.
    The two soccer matches last summer had to apply different rules though.

Ah well, a different class of supporter now isn't it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

I know and I support the fact that they can.

Berty you make no sense what so ever

Icky Thump wrote: »
    Berty you make no sense what so ever

Why because I said I cannot understand why people "cannot" drink on the stands or terraces or to put it another why I cannot understand why people are not allowed by "Thomond Park Rules" to drink on the stands or terraces but I support the fact that people do because it is part of the enjoyment of the matches.

Easier for you now? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Not supposed to drink in the stands at Croke park, took great pleasure in smuggling in my two bottles of carlsberg I'd bought in the stadium to my seat. I was outdone though; as Ireland scored their first against wales, the man sitting in front of me produced a bottle of jameson and passed it around for one and all to celebrate!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Why because I said I cannot understand why people "cannot" drink on the stands or terraces or to put it another why I cannot understand why people are not allowed by "Thomond Park Rules" to drink on the stands or terraces but I support the fact that people do because it is part of the enjoyment of the matches.

Easier for you now? :confused:

You're still wrong Berty, patrons do have permission to drink in the stands and terraces in Thomond Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

You're still wrong Berty, patrons do have permission to drink in the stands and terraces in Thomond Park.

Indeed. The rules weren't relaxed as per other posters, they were changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Plastic glasses for plastic fans. How apt.

Sure isn`t the rugby there for everyone, if you get a ticket ...you get a ticket.

Advertisement