Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Petrol Rising to 1.35, Diesel to 1.25

• 02-04-2010 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

Crude has risen to $84, the dollar is at $1.35/€1, so unfortunately fuel prices will continue their recent rises and will be at €1.35 for petrol & 1.25 for diesel over the coming weeks.

Disclaimer - I have no interests in fuel retailing and prices are based on current refinery prices from Bloomberg Finance + duties, carbon tax, NORA levy, (combined 56c) retailer & distributor margin (estimated 9c combined) + VAT.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Oh for God's sake..This is getting ridiculous.

Will the Government not step in and try and ease this burden by adjusting the duty on fuel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I taught this joke had run its course :confused:.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Oh for God's sake..This is getting ridiculous.

Will the Government not step in and try and ease increase this burden by adjusting the duty on fuel?

Don't worry they will, Green Diesel FTW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Still 120.9 in limerick. Chawkes and Daly's Cross.

Maxol in raheen charges 122.9 for diesel and Maxol in Dalys Cross charges 120.9 - what gives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Stinicker wrote: »
    Don't worry they will, Green Diesel FTW!

carbon tax from 1st may

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Taxing the place to a slow econoic death by strangulation indeed seems to be the way with the current government. No worries sure, we'll collectively throw another couple of billion Euro at the banks so they can help strangling the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Juwwi

theres a garage in drogheda selling diesel for 113.9

its on the way to the recycling centre on the way out of the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

wish some science boffins could turn urine into a gasoline substitute,
    then we would be pissing ourselves....literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

91011 wrote: »
    Crude has risen to $84, the dollar is at $1.35/€1, so unfortunately fuel prices will continue their recent rises and will be at €1.35 for petrol & 1.25 for diesel over the coming weeks.

Disclaimer - I have no interests in fuel retailing and prices are based on current refinery prices from Bloomberg Finance + duties, carbon tax, NORA levy, (combined 56c) retailer & distributor margin (estimated 9c combined) + VAT.

And yet when crude hit $150 a barrel in the summer of 2008 petrol prices maxed out at about €1.40 per litre. Don't go crying foul just yet, the pump price has little to do with the raw material price as it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

MojoMaker wrote: »
    And yet when crude hit $150 a barrel in the summer of 2008 petrol prices maxed out at about €1.40 per litre. Don't go crying foul just yet, the pump price has little to do with the raw material price as it happens.

But since then 8c duty was added, 3.4c carbon tax was added, 1c extra was added to national oil reservse agency levy and dollar has increased in value by 20%.

When oil reached $150, (dollar exchange was $1.60) the refinery price for unleaded was 68c / litre.

Maybe the government should look at a temporary reversal of the 8c duty.

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    Still 120.9 in limerick. Chawkes and Daly's Cross.

Maxol in raheen charges 122.9 for diesel and Maxol in Dalys Cross charges 120.9 - what gives?

Most Maxol stations as well as 2/3rds of Topaz stations are independent operators operating under franchise, and it is up to the individuals themselves to set their own prices. If a garage has a high food turnover, they will use fuel to attract customers - there's more profit on a sandwich & coffee than on a €60 fuel fill!

If you want to keep updated on the 2 week forward prices check www.pumps.ie where I have provioded the forecasts on petrol, diesel & home heat for the past 2 years. (95% accuracy rate)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I dont really find pumps.ie that useful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

If you have an iPhone or Android with the free pumps.ie app then it actually becomes very useful. It shows you the prices of fuel for garages within a defined radius of you, your location is automatically identified. The prices seem to be updated regularly. I know I update them myself on occasion. It is a "community" effort to try identify the best value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

132.9 yesterday at the fox hunter. Only 3 more cent to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

If you have an iPhone or Android with the free pumps.ie app then it actually becomes very useful. It shows you the prices of fuel for garages within a defined radius of you, your location is automatically identified. The prices seem to be updated regularly. I know I update them myself on occasion. It is a "community" effort to try identify the best value.

I would be inclined to agree with Mc Love from my experience of pumps.ie. I do admit it was some time back I looked at it...over a year ago at this stage but the prices were well out of date on it for a number of filling stations local to me. I will have a look at it again though now and see if it has improved in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Pumps.ie would be great is petrol stations would update the prices themselves. But I suppose that would make cartel-like behaviour easy to spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

Unleaded was 133.9c on the dublin road in dundalk this morning!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Highest is 129.9c here in Listowel, Cheapest is 127.9c. Will we ever see a huge drop again back to 105-115?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

The cheapest I've see here is 128.9 in Tescos for petrol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

It will keep on going up and up. We as a public do not do anything to change things. Reckon we'll see 1.50€ before the summer is out. Carbon tax as well on the heating oil coming in. I really hope we dont have another cold winter like this last one.

snaps wrote: »
    We as a public do not do anything to change things. Reckon we'll see 1.50€ before the summer is out. Carbon tax as well on the heating oil coming in.

The only thing that can be changed from an irish perspective is the duty / carbon tax. We cannot influence the refinery prices.

As for home heat - prpbably best to fill up for next winter now and avoid the carbon tax. (carbon tax already added to petrol / diesel)

Pity the UK motorist - now paying an average of €1.44 for both petrol & diesel.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

in clonmel the diesel is 118 or about that

in roscommon coming into town its 114.9 per litre of diesel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Ballinasloe tesco has been 119.9 for the last while
    I've come across 126.9 aswell, but apart from that, mostly shíte prices (130.9+)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Gerard93

• Registered Users Posts: 1 madjoe

tesco drogheda has an opening special....111.9 diesel and 121.9 petrol :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

The new Tesco filling station in Drogheda had Diesel for 111.9 on Sunday, not sure about petrol, think it was 119.9. Must be because it just opened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Dammit just in before me Joe!

i have to agree with the motor tax cost here, its rediculous.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Who looking forward to €1.45/litre petrol from May 1st when the new "carbon" Tax is applied which will work out at 5c per litre. Something will have to be done soon because as the rest of the world moves on with things and gets their economies back on track consumption will keep rocketing again and wait until the Dollar strengthens against the Euro and unless Fuel Duty and tax on fuel is cut we will be looking at €1.80 to €2 a litre fuel within the next two years.

That rip-off fuel station before the Ferry in Dublin may have been thinking a bit ahead of his time I am afraid. Petrol already got 8c in the Budget but they delayed the carbon tax to avoid a 13c a litre price rise.

Who here is glad they voted for the greens now?

Theres no carbon tax on fuel? Only heating oil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Carbon tax is already applied to fuel just not yet to home heating oil IIRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

wish some science boffins could turn urine into a gasoline substitute,
    then we would be pissing ourselves....literally.

it could be done if cars are converted to use JP8 aviation fuel, which can be made from methane (from your decomposing no1 and 2s) , water and electricity. It might however require a nuclear reactor to make it cost effective :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Gerard93 wrote: »

is that for real? or just a load of bollix ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Pure B*ll0x.

For 1 reason: Physics 101, energy cannot be created or destroyed.

The system uses electrical power that the engine has to create, by using more fuel, to create a HHO gas that is fed back to the engine to assist the engine into not burning as much fuel!!

It like the old expression, robbing Peter to pay Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I was running fairly dry over the weekend as I wanted to get to a Maxol E5 station. Unleaded was at 130.9. Brimmed my tank and it cost me €70.01.

Bad times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Petrol was €1.23 in the Topaz in Ballinasloe this morning! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Petrol 125.9 and Diesel 115.9 in Belturbet Co cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dunne.Drift

Petrol 133.9c in Texaco @ the spawell... its rediclous! something will have to be done about it & its us the public will have to stand and try do it..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Heroditas wrote: »
    Petrol was €1.23 in the Topaz in Ballinasloe this morning! :eek:

Always seems to be Cheap there i Remember it was 98c ltr Christmas 2008!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Piratez

Petrol 126.9 and Diesel 120.9 in Waterford starting to get expensive :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

Since being made redundant I've seen my fuel bill increase from €20 a week, to close to the €30 mark, with the same amount of driving.

Time to consider a Prius or Smart car?..........................................I think not:p

Advertisement