Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Oral?

Options
  • 02-04-2010 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi! Im so screwed for German Oral its unbeliveable..
    Along with not being too interested EVER we have a crap teacher who neglected Oralwork until Wednesday before the holidays, all we have done is ourselves, family and school..We don't even know what were actually gonna be asked! I have done research myself to find out but after that im fairly clueless..
    Anyone on the same boat or anyone willing to help??? Please!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

the examiner has to ask you about yourself, family, school and where you live, after that they can only ask like 2 other questions cos they have to move on to the roleplays and picture stories, so be able to answer questions on those and you won't be too badly off.....

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

If you haven't already got it you could get the book "Deutsch für die Mundliche Prüfung", it basically covers everything you'll be asked. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭-Els-

In the General questions they can only ask you on 6 topics, and they'll only ask 3 or 4 out of the 6. Think the 6 are family, area, school, freetime, careers and then german as a subject. They'll also ask you 3 past tense questions, what you did last summer, if you were ever in germany, what you did yesterday or something. Past tense goes for a lot of marks so try and have a few really accurate bits prepared.

Then you have roleplays and picture sequences. Just learn them off, practice the roleplays with someone maybe... Don't be too worried, it'll be grand, like they can't ask you anything about politics or anything like they can in irish or french.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Some people do the project instead of the picture sequences

Did mine 2day!
    Went ok but could've went better.
    Did all my family stuff....den she went straight into school( i had really good stuff on area and didnt get to used dat:()
    Like about the school...what subjects you doing(i forget to say that such and such is compulrory and im doing h.l in this and that)
    Then i said geog my fave subject..and perhaps i like to be a tourist guide! I regretted that!
    She went where do you want to be a tourist giude..i go in galway:P...i have lots of friends there and theres lovely scerey and i go there every summer.
    She asked me past tense stuff...what i did last summer...i went on about part-time job bla bla...
    My project was school system in germany....my speech said all the stuff i had learnt but OMG! she was still there recording me and it went quiet for ages i was OMG im going to do awful now. I made a few pathic sentences.

The Qs of da project were Hard enough...asked me what i think of young people going to army! I go they should go college. Then about volunteering...all i said was st.vincent de paul:L.....the other Qs were ok then....My rolleplay was da accomodation was happy! With that!

Sorry for my rant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

LovexxLife wrote: »
    Did mine 2day!
    Went ok but could've went better.
    Did all my family stuff....den she went straight into school( i had really good stuff on area and didnt get to used dat:()
    Like about the school...what subjects you doing(i forget to say that such and such is compulrory and im doing h.l in this and that)
    Then i said geog my fave subject..and perhaps i like to be a tourist guide! I regretted that!
    She went where do you want to be a tourist giude..i go in galway:P...i have lots of friends there and theres lovely scerey and i go there every summer.
    She asked me past tense stuff...what i did last summer...i went on about part-time job bla bla...
    My project was school system in germany....my speech said all the stuff i had learnt but OMG! she was still there recording me and it went quiet for ages i was OMG im going to do awful now. I made a few pathic sentences.

The Qs of da project were Hard enough...asked me what i think of young people going to army! I go they should go college. Then about volunteering...all i said was st.vincent de paul:L.....the other Qs were ok then....My rolleplay was da accomodation was happy! With that!

Sorry for my rant!

Sounds hard out. I'm doing Octoberfest. Its handy out, rather like it cause its still pretty basic. What roleplay did you get?
    If I get the one about the wet paint I'm going to be SOOOO happy:D

Sounds hard out. I'm doing Octoberfest. Its handy out, rather like it cause its still pretty basic. What roleplay did you get?
    If I get the one about the wet paint I'm going to be SOOOO happy:D
    I got unterkunft was happy enough with it=)
    Oh i hate that one and pass verloren!
    Yea like at da meeting when we met her in the morning we all thought she going to be tough...cos like she looked like a cranky old woman.

But i dont think i did as great in my mock oral....Think i prob got 60/100

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Sweet. Had my practise oral yesterday, got 69/100. Doing pass, only picked up German last year so delighted. I hate the passport one and the working in a hotel(got this one in the oral).
    I know we're getting a woman as well, hope shes dead on :D

Sweet. Had my practise oral yesterday, got 69/100. Doing pass, only picked up German last year so delighted. I hate the passport one and the working in a hotel(got this one in the oral).
    I know we're getting a woman as well, hope shes dead on :D

Wow yea thats really good, seeing as you only picked it up last year!
    Best of luck with it =)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

got my german on monday :)

had two practices in school today and the one roleplay i hate was the one that came up

got 69 in the first practise with the horrible roleplay and 80 with another teachr who came from killarney to do practise woooo

• Advertisement
Advertisement