Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aussie Hair products

• 02-04-2010 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I've really dry frizzy hair and was thinking of trying out the Aussie range... has many people used it and what do you think of it? Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I really, really like it.

I'm not too fond of their intensive conditioners, but their shampoo and conditioner is really nice....and smells fab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

hi, my hair is the same and i found the aussie sachets ok, but nothing spectacular, I personally find the elvive range of shampoo and conditioner in the red bottle is pretty good, and I also use a leave in conditioner that is loreal elvive and is in a pink bottle. that stuff works wonders for me!! also stay away from hairdryers, i find that if i wash my hair, brush through leave in conditioner and tie it back and let it dry naturally it is the least frizziest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Limerickgal82

I always use all the Aussie Products ! I find them great and i love the Intensive Conditioner ! I guess that as everyone's hair is different then its kind of Trial and Error with products !

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭oide10

I find them great too, they smell yummy. That said i always change up my shampoo/conditioner regulary and switch to other brands to avoid residue build up that can dull the hair. Sunsilk is a great and inexpensive brand, I do tend to stay away from cheap brands generally though (e.g Aldi etc) as they tend to strip colour and essential oils from hair while cleaning.

Find a leave in conditioner that doesn't weigh down your hair. Try a hot oil treatment every one to two weeks depending on dryness.

To tame fly aways or frizz rub some leave in conditioner into your palms and run over your hair, alternatively and strangely if you run a tumble dryer sheet over hair it will calm the wisps and fly aways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

oide10 wrote: »
    I find them great too, they smell yummy. That said i always change up my shampoo/conditioner regulary and switch to other brands to avoid residue build up that can dull the hair. Sunsilk is a great and inexpensive brand, I do tend to stay away from cheap brands generally though (e.g Aldi etc) as they tend to strip colour and essential oils from hair while cleaning.

That only happens if you use a shampoo/conditioner containing silicone. And even then, if you use a clarifying shampoo once a week, you won't get build up.

OP - I recommend the Aussie Miracle Moisture shampoo and conditioners, they don't contain silicone and are great for dry hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭oide10

Do clarifying shampoos strip colour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

oide10 wrote: »
    Do clarifying shampoos strip colour?

Unfortunately yes they do. That's another reason why you should avoid shampoo containing silicone - you won't get build-up, so you won't need to use a clarifying shampoo.

Advertisement