Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free fees scheme and previous courses

Options
  • 02-04-2010 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure who exactly to contact to find out if im eligible for free fees but i figure someone here may know- im looking to do an undergraduate 4 year degree, but i did one year of a cert course back in 2000 at a private college. Does this automatically disqualify me from the free fees scheme?

On educationireland.ie it says

Undergraduate Free Fees - Previous Studies Test

Free Fees are not payable for students who:

* •Are repeating a year, having failed their end of year examinations or as a result of changing courses
    * Are undertaking a second undergraduate course
    * Any student who has already attended but did not complete a certificate, diploma or degree programme

Anyone know what the story is, or who i can contact to check for sure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I may be wrong here, but I believe you need to be out of education for 5 years previously to the year you want to re-apply for 3rd level...so that would make it 2005, and you mentioned 2000. I wish you luck, but thats about all I know on the subject:)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

Thanks - doing some digging it seems there is a 'second chance' exception for those out of education for 5 years. Would have been nice for educationireland to have the full details!

Advertisement