Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of ireland Easter bunnies birthday weekend

• 02-04-2010 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

19:35 St. Patricks :) ? - ? Sporting Fingal RTE

19:45 Drogheda United ? - ? Sligo Rovers

19:45 Galway ? - ? Dundalk

20:00 Shamrock Rovers ? - ? UC Dublin

Going to be a tough game for us tonight, hopefully Clarke makes a howler or 3 :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Friday, 02 Apr 2010
    16:30 Limerick v Cork City
    20:00 Monaghan United v Athlone Town
    20:00 Shelbourne v Finn Harps

Saturday, 03 Apr 2010
    19:00 Mervue United v Waterford United
    19:30 Longford Town v Derry City

Sunday, 04 Apr 2010
    14:00 Wexford Youths v Salthill Devon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Tolka passed a pitch inspection at lunchtime, and it hasn't rained since.

We scored 5 away at Longford, so hopefully we can keep up the goalscoring.

Finn Harps didn't beat us last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Gonna be a poxy match in Tolka tonight I'd say, probably a decent enough gate with the pubs, etc... closed.

2-0 Reds.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Bohs playing Linfield in the sellotanta cup tomorrow afternoon aswell

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Limerick 0 - 1 City
    Cummins with the goal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

dreamers75 wrote: »
    19:35 St. Patricks :) ? - ? Sporting Fingal RTE

19:45 Drogheda United ? - ? Sligo Rovers

19:45 Galway ? - ? Dundalk

20:00 Shamrock Rovers ? - ? UC Dublin

Going to be a tough game for us tonight, hopefully Clarke makes a howler or 3 :D

Nah. Never happen. He is too good for that.

Looking forward to this one and maybe a bit of revenge for Pats cup win two seasons back;)

Fingal on telly again? Jaysis.

Limerick 0 - 2 City
    Deasy's free kick is headed home by Cummins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

City 3-0 up.

:)

Limerick 0 - 3 City
    O'Neill volleyed home.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    Fingal on telly again? Jaysis.

:D

Limerick 1 - 3 City

FT: Limerick 1 - 3 City

A Very Good Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    FT: Limerick 1 - 3 City

A Very Good Friday.

They should have played this match at the Cross for the day that's in it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

All the matches today seem to have survived the dodgy weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭eigrod

monkey9 wrote: »
    They should have played this match at the Cross for the day that's in it!!

I think the Cork City fans will be quite happy it was played in Limerick given that it's the only town with the pubs open :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

All the matches today seem to have survived the dodgy weather.

galway dundalk postponed during thematch.

jaysis we(pats) are hard to play against and we aint easy on the eye either.

Wasnt a pretty match, strange really couple of years of being the best football team in the league by a mile but quite easily beatable by a strong side. Now we are the strong side dont see us conceding many goals (if any :p) this season unless we get soem injuries to Byrne or Mulcahy.

St Fingal Ex Pats FC were a bit of a letdown for that team of megastars playing a 433, its was a defensive 451 Zayed and Byrne on the wings were never in the game. Only a matter of time till Bucko goes 352 shame he wasnt playing he would be perfect for that system.

Poor game but hey top of the league and 0 goals conceded :D

Finn Harps forgot their jersies, so was Shels 1-0 Shels tonight.

Finn Harps forgot their jersies, so was Shels 1-0 Shels tonight.

Seriously?? They actually forgot their jerseys??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

eigrod wrote: »
    I think the Cork City fans will be quite happy it was played in Limerick given that it's the only town with the pubs open :D

We were out of there before they even opened...well our bus was anyway :pac:

A great win though, City played well and there was great support. I think we outnumbered the Limerick supporters :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Great results for Bohs tonight, neither Pats or Fingal will challenge judging by that display. Big week coming up for us, home to Pats on Tuesday, away to Rovers on Friday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rovers 0-0 UCDD

Not a bad game for neutrals I'd say. UCDD missed their plentiful chances, Rovers missed about two.

They need a game against Bohs next week like a hole in our pretty Hooped heads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

You may be right in saying that but Bohs havent played much better up to now so its still early days and anybodys to take.
    All the best for the Linfield game.

Im looking forward to monday and hopefully remain unbeaten against Rovers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You may be right in saying that but Bohs havent played much better up to now so its still early days and anybodys to take.
    You're having a laugh, Bohs have one hand on it already. Will take a miracle to stop them winning it now.

bohsman wrote: »
    Great results for Bohs tonight, neither Pats or Fingal will challenge judging by that display. Big week coming up for us, home to Pats on Tuesday, away to Rovers on Friday.

Well jaysus, Bohs haven't been that impressive at all in their performances this season. But you's have been picking up wins in fairness.

Out of interest, if we managed to nab a draw at Dalymount on tuesday, would you consider us challengers?? Or at least, not so quick to write us off?? I know how that questions sounds, but i'm genuinely just asking!

I dont think Pat's will come anywhere near to winning the league. I'd be delighted if we got a Europa League spot through a league finish, but at the moment, we're hard to break down. It's not pretty at times, but it's effective!!

CSF wrote: »
    You're having a laugh, Bohs have one hand on it already. Will take a miracle to stop them winning it now.

While I agree with you on the fact that its bohs to throw away. I do think you may be overstating things a little, this early into the league season anyway.:pac:

While I agree with you on the fact that its bohs to throw away. I do think you may be overstating things a little, this early into the league season.:pac:
    It is very very very early indeed, but realistically like, Bohs are going to win most weeks. Who else is going to do that? I thought Rovers might have but the amount of points they've dropped already could be a killer by itself. They've dropped 10 points already, how many more games do you think its going to be before Bohs drop another 8? I think it could easily be a while.

Fingal aren't good enough to win the league this year, they're a good way off, Pats the same, and Dundalk. Sligo barely even worth a mention. There are no Corks or Derrys anymore, the league was a 2 horse race this year and Rovers are doing everything in their power to make it a 1 horse race.

It is very very very early indeed, but realistically like, Bohs are going to win most weeks. Who else is going to do that? I thought Rovers might have but the amount of points they've dropped already could be a killer by itself. They've dropped 10 points already, how many more games do you think its going to be before Bohs drop another 8? I think it could easily be a while.

Fingal aren't good enough to win the league this year, they're a good way off, Pats the same, and Dundalk. Sligo barely even worth a mention. There are no Corks or Derrys anymore, the league was a 2 horse race this year and Rovers are doing everything in their power to make it a 1 horse race.

Dont entirely disagree with you but I think we will have to see how Shamrock Rovers are once they get twigg and Baker back. Seems quite obvious they are toothless without them.
    You can tell me if im wrong but didnt Shamrock Rvs start the season of pretty mediocre last year also and still managed to run Bohs pretty close.

Anyway its all ifs, ands, buts and maybe s at this stage and any type of predictions at this point are, well, pretty pointless imo

• Advertisement

It is very very very early indeed, but realistically like, Bohs are going to win most weeks. Who else is going to do that? I thought Rovers might have but the amount of points they've dropped already could be a killer by itself. They've dropped 10 points already, how many . Do you not more games do you think its going to be before Bohs drop another 8? I think it could easily be a while.

I do agree with you. Bohs have a fantastic squad, it's enviable!! And you may well run amok. But i think, and i'm only basing this on pre season thoughts, not current form, that Shams may well run you close!

But i say it again, you obviously watched the match on tv tonight and it was awful. Do you not concur that Bohs have too been awful in their performances??

Dont entirely disagree with you but I think we will have to see how Shamrock Rovers are once they get twigg and Baker back. Seems quite obvious they are toothless without them.
    You can tell me if im wrong but didnt Shamrock Rvs start the season of pretty mediocre last year also and still managed to run Bohs pretty close.

Anyway its all ifs, ands, buts and maybe s at this stage and any type of predictions at this point are, well, pretty pointless imo
    They did indeed, but that was with a 23 game unbeaten run in the league, and Bohs still beat them to it. We may aswell face it, Bohs are sorted until Fenlon gets snapped up abroad. That squad is way too good.

I do agree with you. Bohs have a fantastic squad, it's enviable!! And you may well run amok. But i think, and i'm only basing this on pre season thoughts, not current form, that Shams may well run you close!

But i say it again, you obviously watched the match on tv tonight and it was awful. Do you not concur that Bohs have too been awful in their performances??
    I'm a Shels fan. Didn't catch the Fingal-Pats game, was at our one. As for Bohs, well the amount of times they've had to win it very late tells its own story. But I wouldn't read too much into that, they're still way better than the rest of the teams in the league.

There is a long way to go yet , you cant say that after just 4 games.

I'm a Shels fan. Didn't catch the Fingal-Pats game, was at our one. As for Bohs, well the amount of times they've had to win it very late tells its own story. But I wouldn't read too much into that, they're still way better than the rest of the teams in the league.

They only beat us with a dodgey peno given after a dive from Murphy.

Well jaysus, Bohs haven't been that impressive at all in their performances this season. But you's have been picking up wins in fairness.

Out of interest, if we managed to nab a draw at Dalymount on tuesday, would you consider us challengers?? Or at least, not so quick to write us off?? I know how that questions sounds, but i'm genuinely just asking!

I dont think Pat's will come anywhere near to winning the league. I'd be delighted if we got a Europa League spot through a league finish, but at the moment, we're hard to break down. It's not pretty at times, but it's effective!!

Bohs are improving week on week, first half against Sligo is the best we've played all season. Fingal have resorted to 4-5-1 against Bohs and Pats and resorted to long balls tonight (the pitch obv didn't help) but they need to improve massively from that. Nobody in the top half of the table is going to have too much trouble beating Bray and Drogheda.

While Bohs are improving I think the last couple of weeks is Pats at top form, wasn't expecting a challenge preseason, no result on Tuesday would change that opinion either. Pete Mahon will never win a league title, signing his entire old UCD squad doesn't help and he doesn't have a hope of keeping a player with an ego happy.

• Advertisement

Bohs are improving week on week, first half against Sligo is the best we've played all season. Fingal have resorted to 4-5-1 against Bohs and Pats and resorted to long balls tonight (the pitch obv didn't help) but they need to improve massively from that. Nobody in the top half of the table is going to have too much trouble beating Bray and Drogheda.

While Bohs are improving I think the last couple of weeks is Pats at top form, wasn't expecting a challenge preseason, no result on Tuesday would change that opinion either. Pete Mahon will never win a league title, signing his entire old UCD squad doesn't help and he doesn't have a hope of keeping a player with an ego happy.

I agree with the the majority of your post, but as far as i can see, no one at Pat's has an ego. We're just getting on with it, getting stuck in, giving something to the fans to believe in and let's just see where we finish??!!!!!

Absolutely, wasn't saying that you did, it just limits you in how far you can improve in the transfer window etc - Georgie and Ndo have been available recently and couldn't see either lasting at Pats, no reason why Pats cant finish in the top 3 though especially if they keep up the clean sheets.

Absolutely, wasn't saying that you did, it just limits you in how far you can improve in the transfer window etc - Georgie and Ndo have been available recently and couldn't see either lasting at Pats, no reason why Pats cant finish in the top 3 though especially if they keep up the clean sheets.

Yep, that's a fair enough assessment! Top 3?? Consider your hand bitten off!!

As for the likes of Ndo???? I understand what you're saying, but if you offered me Ndo right now, i would rather disinfect your selling hand than take that charlatan. If he does the business for Sligo, then fair play!!

Let's just say, he's not the type of player we're looking for this season!!

There is a long way to go yet , you cant say that after just 4 games.
    I could have said before a ball was kicked that if Rovers didn't compete them that no1 would. So what if they weren't great against yous? Their squad is a million miles better than yours, and Pats and Dundalk, and fans of those clubs seem willing enough to agree with that. It'll take something serious to stop them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Galway match postponed. A severe shower for over half an hour flooded the pitch.

Was hoping the mascot would slip or fall over when he was doing his pre-match routine - alas only a couple of near-fatal slips! Dundalk fans were in good voice, with chants of "**** club, **** pitch" over and over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

As earlier in the thread, take a bow Finn Harps. Muppets. :rolleyes:
    Galway match postponed. A severe shower for over half an hour flooded the pitch.

Was hoping the mascot would slip or fall over when he was doing his pre-match routine - alas only a couple of near-fatal slips! Dundalk fans were in good voice, with chants of "**** club, **** pitch" over and over!

Four star pitch all right, but not a four star club. :D

I could have said before a ball was kicked that if Rovers didn't compete them that no1 would. So what if they weren't great against yous? Their squad is a million miles better than yours, and Pats and Dundalk, and fans of those clubs seem willing enough to agree with that. It'll take something serious to stop them.

Same thing was said at the start of last season about us and look how it finished.

Same thing was said at the start of last season about us and look how it finished.
    No it wasn't. Yous were strong favourites but nothing like this.

Sounds the same to me .

Sounds the same to me .
    Not really, Shels and Waterford were always viewed as realistic challengers and it wasn't long before UCD were too. Bohs on the other hand look to be in a league of their own.

er, lol @ Fingal fans thinking they are title challengers

fúcking lol

fúcking lol

tbh with that squad i would expect nothing less, wasnt impressed with them myself knowing almost all of the players on their team. Considering what they were up against felt they were a rather poor team but hyped up well.

Cracking squad tho.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Cracking squad tho.

same as we thought last season, thought they'd walk the 1st, but they came 3rd

Mercenaries there for the $$, not to play or commit to the side

fúcking lol

Eh two points there DES my good man. 1) where is said at any point we are title contenders. 2) fingal fans as in plural said this? I dont think so.

The disagreement is about whether its premature to say that Bohs have one hand on the trophy and that it would be a miracle if they dont win it. This is a statement made by CSF. The statement was contradicted to a certain degree by others. Thats all. At no point have any fingal fan/s stated we are title contenders.

same as we thought last season, thought they'd walk the 1st, but they came 3rd

Mercenaries there for the $$, not to play or commit to the side

Every so often you let yourself drift dont you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement