Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield advice

Options
  • 02-04-2010 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Just got the game today and was looking for a bit of advice .

What kinda of multiplayer game should you be starting out on ? I played there for about an hour and was getting absolute hammered .

This game remainds me of farcry 2 multiplayer ............I pump 10 bullets into a lad, he pumps two into me and I die . Don't tell me its one of those games that basically makes you harder to kill the more play

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You get better the more you play, the game gives you some upgrades but tbh they are maybe 20% max increase. If you shoot someone dead on with any gun they will die.

Join a squad follow them and pick medic as you will unlock things faster.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Just got the game today and was looking for a bit of advice .

What kinda of multiplayer game should you be starting out on ? I played there for about an hour and was getting absolute hammered .

This game remainds me of farcry 2 multiplayer ............I pump 10 bullets into a lad, he pumps two into me and I die . Don't tell me its one of those games that basically makes you harder to kill the more play

It does, but only a little. Later unlocks allow for magnum rounds, various sights, all of which give varying advantages. In time you'll have all these as well though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Spear wrote: »
    It does, but only a little. Later unlocks allow for magnum rounds, various sights, all of which give varying advantages. In time you'll have all these as well though.

ya , and you get absolutely pounded in the meantime .

Aleast in COD anyone can kill anyone in a 50/50 no matter how much you play the game . Give people perks and such but don't make them impossible to kill in a 50/50 because they have played more than you

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ya , and you get absolutely pounded in the meantime .

Aleast in COD anyone can kill anyone in a 50/50 no matter how much you play the game . Give people perks and such but don't make them impossible to kill in a 50/50 because they have played more than you

They won't have that much an advantage, they'll still be oneshotted by noob tubes,RPGs and knives, they won't be invulnerable to tanks or headshots. You can still earn your points by ressing/healing/resuupplying your teammates, killing isn't everything.

Spear wrote: »
    They won't have that much an advantage, they'll still be oneshotted by noob tubes,RPGs and knives, they won't be invulnerable to tanks or headshots. You can still earn your points by ressing/healing/resuupplying your teammates, killing isn't everything.

I see , just played there again for about 10mins . Hit a lad with a noob tube (well just beside him) he puts one bullet into me and im dead :rolleyes:

I think my team must have been getting hammered ......3 times as soon as I spwned , I was killed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Ah you're only getting started. Just take it slow, don't run around in the open move carefully while checking your surroundings. And use cover, all the time.

Also I can't emphasise this enough SPOT YOUR OPPONENTS. Open the controls in options and look for Issue Order/Communicate/Spot I think its called. If you centre your crosshair on an enemy and do that you'll show them on the map for all your teammates to see, that way if you don't kill them or they beat you in a fire fight your teammates will be able to see them and finish them off. Ideally you should do it before you even engage the other guy in a gunfight. It's incredibly frustrating when you're defending and the base is being swarmed all the while you've got a blank map.

Creature wrote: »
    Ah you're only getting started. Just take it slow, don't run around in the open move carefully while checking your surroundings. And use cover, all the time.

Also I can't emphasise this enough SPOT YOUR OPPONENTS. Open the controls in options and look for Issue Order/Communicate/Spot I think its called. If you centre your crosshair on an enemy and do that you'll show them on the map for all your teammates to see, that way if you don't kill them or they beat you in a fire fight your teammates will be able to see them and finish them off. Ideally you should do it before you even engage the other guy in a gunfight. It's incredibly frustrating when you're defending and the base is being swarmed all the while you've got a blank map.

thanks alot man ;) Will give it a go tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

The unlocks do make a huge difference though, since I've unlocked the M16 with magnum ammo I've scored in the top three of my team in every game. The M16 is an absolute beast and basically shoots for itself.

Give it another go there , its just not my cup of tea :(

Gonna stick it up on adverts

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Did you complete the singleplayer ?

• Advertisement

Ponster wrote: »
    Did you complete the singleplayer ?

no , played about 20mins of it ........prefer the multiplayer side of games tbh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

no , played about 20mins of it ........prefer the multiplayer side of games tbh

Me too but by playing the single player it helps get the feel for the game and how the shooting mechanics work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Dont stick it on adverts mate. Its is a steep learning curve but its a hell of a good game. If you only had a few mates to play it with it makes all the difference (as in all online games) If you play in a squad and get cover and healed and re supplied the game is alot easier TBH.

Give it a week or two.....not a game or two. I was not that good when I started but you do find your own style and start to play well. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Just pretend the opposing team have kidnapped Dakota Fanning, you'll soon be pwning. Just lay off sticking bombs up peoples rectums, it's kinda gross.

sink wrote: »
    Just pretend the opposing team have kidnapped Dakota Fanning, you'll soon be pwning. Just lay off sticking bombs up peoples rectums, it's kinda gross.

I was thinking there for a sec ........wtf is he on about

forgot about the name ;)

Na , to be honest lads I got rid of it . Thanks for the advice though

Advertisement