Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrading the ram on my mac

Options
  • 02-04-2010 5:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭

can anyone explain to me how i would go about upgrading the ram on my computer to make it faster and more equipped i use music production software and dj software so im looking for all round good captable mac

note : that probly didnt make sense but i dont really know how to explainit in words im really bad at that sorry

cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

Depending on the mac it ranges from really hard to really easy. What one do you have? you'll need to know near enough the exact model since macs cant take much different then the stuff it shipped with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Komplett: Marc

If you're using a white MacBook it's really easy (I say that because that's where it's been easiest when I've done it). For any of the others it seems to vary between a little harder and practically impossible :/

If you're looking for compatible RAM then you can click the apple in the top left corner and hit "About this Mac" for some more detail on the kind of RAM you'll need...

Sorry for not being more helpful, got a little tripped up when reading as to just what you were asking ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

processor: 2GHz intel core 2 duo

memeory: 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3

startup disc: hd

I have a macbook 13inch aluminum the late 2008 model (dont know weather its pro or not)

is that any use to you guys?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

oh MAC OSX 10.6

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭sifpils

Max for that computer is 4 GB. Crucial.com has reasonable priced RAM.

Specs needed, if not the crucial memory finder works: SO-DIMM (204-pin), PC3-8500 - DDR3-1066. No need for matched pairs, the Macbook is not making good use of that.

With the prices as they are, I'd upgrade to 4 GB straight off. It will make the computer better to use for the remainder of it service life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement