Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Months in SE Asia - Suggestions?

• 02-04-2010 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

So I begin the south east Asia leg of my RTW trip next week. I’m in the area for 2 months. Any suggestions on where to go/ what to see? I fancy a few weeks on some not too mad Thai Islands and I deffo want to visit Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore and maybe Borneo….

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

floyd333 wrote: »
    So I begin the south east Asia leg of my RTW trip next week. I’m in the area for 2 months. Any suggestions on where to go/ what to see? I fancy a few weeks on some not too mad Thai Islands and I deffo want to visit Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore and maybe Borneo….

Do a quick search first. There are about a zillion threads on SE Asia.

I can tell you that 2 months will not be enough time to enjoyably visit all of the places you mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Yeah, 2 months ain't that much time.

When it comes to picking, I'd set aside at least 2 weeks for Laos. Absolutely beautiful. My favourite country in SE Asia by far.

Regarding Vietnam, I wouldn't bother with anything south of Hoi An. Really wouldn't, no character. Ho Chi Minh/Saigon was a massive disappointment.

You could spend about 2 weeks doing Hoi An, Hanoi, Sapa and Halong. They're the best bits, wouldn't bother with anywhere else.

Then 3 weeks for the islands in Thailand and Bangkok.

And 2 weeks for Cambodia.

That's about 2 months.

For things to do in each country, do a search. Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Advertisement