Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

String bending prob on high E string?

• 02-04-2010 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭

How do

Have a Strat and am having a prob lately where certain notes on the high e string, most notably the 12th fret, are sort of cutting out as I bend the string up. Like it is coming out of the saddle groove and muting, but I am looking at the string in the groove when I bend and that is not what is happening?

Is this a neck adjustment jobby or something else needed do you reckon???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It could be a case that the neck needs to be tightened, or it could be that one of the higher frets is raised causing the high e to touch off it when you bend, resulting in the "muting" of the sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

If it's a problem that has only just started happening maybe try giving your frets a good wipe in case there's something on one of them. If it's always been cutting out like that it might also be that the string action is too low and should be raised up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Sounds like your 13th fret is too high (or 12th too low).
    If you have a high fret you can find it using a fret rocker. You dont have to buy one, you can use the edge of a credit card or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Cheers for the replies. I am going to take a good look at it tonight and check everything out. I shall let you know how I get on:cool:

Advertisement