Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football boots-I wrung the thread for the studs??

• 02-04-2010 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi all
    I was tightening my studs on my football boots and one of them broke. After alot of effort I got the stud out but I damaged the thread and now cant get any stud in. Can anyone recommend any places where I can get these inserts replaced??The boots are pretty new and were expensive enough, hence why Im up for fixing them.
    I appreciate your help
    Proteuspal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

What type of boots are they ya might have to buy a set of new studs and put them in.
    Maybe take the boot to a cobbler they usually know what there at...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Marse

You could Measure the thread of your stud, then get a tap to match that size, m5 or m6Retap the damaged thread. Failling that, change out the insert, a cobble should be able to do that for you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Marse wrote: »
    You could Measure the thread of your stud, then get a tap to match that size, m5 or m6Retap the damaged thread. Failling that, change out the insert, a cobble should be able to do that for you.

I did that with a pair of boots, retapped the thread and had no problems. A tip as well for putting in studs is to put a bit of Vaseline on the thread, makes it easier to take the stud out when you need to take it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭restaurants

Marse wrote: »
    I think you will have the change the insert.
    Quickest in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭proteuspal

Cheers everybody, I took them to a cobbler alright and he put in a new insert for 5 Euro. I was not aware a cobbler could do this. They are newish world cups and I honestly thought I was in trouble, that I might have to pay a lot to get them sorted. Thankfully not.
    Thanks for all the tips lads, really appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 robfromkildimo

Which cobbler did you go to? Have the very same problem with my World Cups.

Advertisement