Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC speed drop now and router setting wiped

• 02-04-2010 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭

Anyone seeing speed drops in newbridge area on UPC. I am getting max of 3.5Mb for a 10Mb line. Might as well be with bloody eircom.

I am assuming UPC have updated my router and therefore removed my DMZ address, and all my port forwards. Anyone else notice this. Cannot see why they bothered. It had been working well.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Damien360 wrote: »
    Anyone seeing speed drops in newbridge area on UPC. I am getting max of 3.5Mb for a 10Mb line. Might as well be with bloody eircom.

I am assuming UPC have updated my router and therefore removed my DMZ address, and all my port forwards. Anyone else notice this. Cannot see why they bothered. It had been working well.

A power cycle of the UPC Cisco router also wipes most of the user settings. As a workaround you can save the settings to a local file for restoring, or put it in bridge mode and use your own proper router.

Advertisement