Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M1 Link Road for Stamullen?

Options
  • 02-04-2010 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Why isn't there a proper road connection from Stamullen to the M1 at Jct 7? Afterall, Stamullen has experienced the construction of many new estates with a subsequent explosion in its population - is it 2,500 (as per 2006 census) or is even that figure now conservative?

Whatever the case, just over 1 mile of new road would have provided a connection all the way to the Silverstream Road near Kilbreck. This would also form a bypass for the village centre.

IMO, as the state took the money from the new residents in the form of stamp duty etc, they have an obligation to fund essential services such as a basic road link to the M1.

There is no excuse!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I don't really see your point as it takes 10 minutes to the M1. Fair enough, they are country roads, but it's 10 minutes notheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

sNarah wrote: »
    I don't really see your point as it takes 10 minutes to the M1. Fair enough, they are country roads, but it's 10 minutes notheless.

if that. 5 mins i'd say... not to mention that additional jusctions would only make the M! more dangerous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

DYLF wrote: »
    if that. 5 mins i'd say... not to mention that additional jusctions would only make the M! more dangerous

There wouldn't be an additional M1 junction - such a link road would use the existing Gormanston Junction (Jct. 7). For the people of Stamullen Village itself, a direct link road would save a lot of mileage on any existing road to the M1 - apart from a more direct route (Whitestown/Milestown) that is dangerous and unsuitable for larger volumes of traffic.

Regards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭rpurfield

i think your clutching at straws looking for a road here the council wont even fill the pot holes!!!anyway i think at some stage the plan was for the development at city north to have a thru road coming out on the cockhill road up past the school.now however it would be anyones guess what with the current econmic blah blah

Advertisement