Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INVITATION: SRi s2000 RBR Championship 2010

• 02-04-2010 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Driver Registration is open for Sim Racing Irelands’ first championship which will begin in the latter part of April. Drivers wishing to enter can do by registering on our site and posting the required details in our forums.

A Shakedown event Rally Japan is scheduled for April 9th, 2010 at 20:15 and will consist of 4 stage with variable weather conditions. The session name and password will be available to registered drivers from midnight on Thurs April 8th, 2010.

Please be aware this is a TIMED event using the RSRBR2010 system.For more information pleas visit www.simracingireland.net

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Good stuff, good to see a movement like this back in the homeland. RBR is brilliant, it puts all the other rally sims to shame by quite some distance. Between RLR and family\baby I dont have time for simming anymore....need to start making some for quality time with RBR though. Thanks for reminding me :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Good stuff indeed and great to see.
    RBR is light years ahead of any other rally sim.
    One thing though, not a sign of iracing on your website,iracing is where the Gods of simracing are at :)
    Love it myself and still a member just cant commit the time to it.
    Im finding the likes of rfactor,GTR,RBR etc give me my sim fix for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SRi

IMO iRacing is for simracers with big budgets. The idea of SRi is to bring the community together to provide online racing/rallying at the lowest possible cost (ie FREE) we are planning on having some servers running in the future but it will all be paid for by donations.

I have nothing against iracing but not everyone has that sort of money to spend in these hard times :)

SRi wrote: »
    IMO iRacing is for simracers with big budgets. The idea of SRi is to bring the community together to provide online racing/rallying at the lowest possible cost (ie FREE) we are planning on having some servers running in the future but it will all be paid for by donations.

I have nothing against iracing but not everyone has that sort of money to spend in these hard times :)

Comeon now you're having a laugh right? Granted iRacing is (obviously) more expensive than others, but to say its for "big budget" racers is erroneous to say the least. It's pennies a day. It almost costs less per day than the electricity costs to run your PC! I paid $75 for my membership, and before you call me a big budget simmer, my PC is 5 years old!

ok so "big budget" was a bit much :)

• Advertisement

SRi wrote: »
    ok so "big budget" was a bit much :)

:-p

Entries are open for the first round Rally UK - April 16, 2010 @ 19:15 BST

Stage details will be posted on the website late in the week.

Advertisement