Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Vs Chelsea saturday 03Apr10 KO 12:45PM (MOD NOTE - POST #549)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

GET THE **** IN! HAVE THAT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Sickening result, poor game, rubbish officiating. A draw would have been a fair result on the balance of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Ref decisions made the game . . Had united gotten and scored a peno at 1-0., the game would of been completely differant . .

The drogba offside goal was when united owned them . . Well done, the luckiest team won, again . .

In terms of momentum chelski got the better decisions . . Wouldnt expect ABU's to understand what "momentum" means . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Title in chelsea's hands now. But may day clash with the Pool could ultimately decide the destination of this years title.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Come on the Blues - Great result !!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Absolute crap performance yet again by everyone.

SAF getting the team selection wrong again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    ROBBED

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

The Muppet wrote: »
    Game Over, no complaints , decisions evened themselve out, it's out of our own hands now, we were brutal first half..

QFT

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Based on the first 60 mins it's all we deserved, harsh that it came down to a poor desicion by a linesman who had a perfect view of the offside.

sickening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

BLUE HEAVEN!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Well played United second half, draw would have been fair I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Go on chelsea boy woohoooooooo

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    ROBBED

Dont think so, chelsea deserved the result and three points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Second half was much better from United, Giggs played sublime. That linesman needs sorting out. We get all the decisions apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Drumpot wrote: »
    Ref decisions made the game . . Had united gotten and scored a peno at 1-0., the game would of been completely differant . .

The drogba offside goal was when united owned them . . Well done, the luckiest team won, again . .

In terms of momentum chelski got the better decisions . . Wouldnt expect ABU's to understand what "momentum" means . .
    So you do not think that Chelsea should have had a pen as well then? it was just as much a pen as the one that Park dived to try and get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

United were unlucky not to get something out of it today....well done to chelsea though for holding out....should be an interesting run in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Vanbis wrote: »

Sack Fergie, he doesn't have a clue :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Pretty limited selection to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Dcully wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Do you post anything besides rubbish?

Despite how pissed off I am. We didn't deserve to win today at all. A few shocking performances out there today. We will still win the league IMO.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Liam O wrote: »
    no, a penalty for United (if scored) would have made it 1-1, it would have taken 1 goal to get level if it wasn't for the linesman. It most definitely went against United imo.

Imo utds penalty claim was weaker than Chelseas absolute stonewall one. Either way both could have been given, so say they were.

Chelseas second and utds goal should have been disallowed. Still 2-1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I think the match thread for the second leg of the Chelsea / Inter CL tie will make for interesting reading now. :)

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Sack Fergie, he doesn't have a clue :rolleyes:

Did i say that? NO.

Nani should have started the game.

A pen for each team should have been given. Drogba was offside but it looked like handball for Macheda's goal so again it was evened out.

Fair result. Title still not decided yet. Chelsea and Utd both have difficult games ahead.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Second half was much better from United, Giggs played sublime. That linesman needs sorting out. We get all the decisions apparently.

I would give that tele a bang, giggs was probably the worst player on the pitch.

terrible performance. constantly given the ball away, desicion making was terrible, too slow, didn't fight back when he lost the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Wholesale changes required at United, there's no real quality in the middle of the park, Scholes cant be expected to do what he did ten years ago. Time to make some good signings for a change. I'm sick of watching United lose big games in midfield, anytime we play a good side we're second best. It's all very well scrapping results against Bolton etc... we have to be able to hold our own against top sides for a change.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

So you do not think that Chelsea should have had a pen as well then? it was just as much a pen as the one that Park dived to try and get.

Chelsea wouldn't have had the ball in United's box like that if if United had gotten the peno, butterfly effect and all that...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Osu wrote: »
    Do you post anything besides rubbish

Please enlighten me about the rubbish ive posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Johner wrote: »
    Well played United second half, draw would have been fair I'd say.

Nah ye deserved it today mate overall, United got a head of steam up alright 2nd half but I never had teh usual confidence that they'd get one back tbh.

Also any United fans whinging about officials, just stop, please.

A pen for each team should have been given. Drogba was offside but it looked like handball for Macheda's goal so again it was evened out.

Fair result. Title still not decided yet. Chelsea and Utd both have difficult games ahead.

The ball clearly went off his stomach, his hand, arm, bicep, nothing was near the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Osu wrote: »
    Do you post anything besides rubbish?

Oh the irony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

great result for Chelsea, deserved the win. Offside goal evened out wit Macheda's handball goal.

ntlbell wrote: »
    I would give that tele a bang, giggs was probably the worst player on the pitch.

terrible performance. constantly given the ball away, desicion making was terrible, too slow, didn't fight back when he lost the ball.

Sublime compared to the first half :D

He was much better.

Evra just showed his class today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Dean mustn't have been included on united last wage pay out:D:D:D

I enjoyed that game, good for the neutrals imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

On balance a draw would have been a fair result, and I didn't think I'd be saying that after the first half.

However, Chelsea took their chances and we fluffed some of ours. They dominated the first half and despite looking a little ropey defensively in the second they threw themselves in the way of everything and held on well to take the victory. Out of our hands with 5 games left but we might see a twist or two yet in the title race.

ntlbell wrote: »
    The ball clearly went off his stomach, his hand, arm, bicep, nothing was near the ball.

I'll get back to you after I see a replay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

True, but dont be surpised to see Liverpool's youth team playing Chelsea in the second last game. Shades of 1995. But to be honest I cant see United being there to challenge Chelsea to the end going on the last two performances, United are out of fuel at this stage.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Clearly biased post. How much more anti-United do you want to prove yourself.

Some of the posts on here make me laugh.

Referee and his officials were rubbish. Everything did even out in the end. It's just heat of the moment stuff.

But no matter what you say decisions change the course of a game.

The game won't pan out the same if we had a penalty or Chelsea did.

Berbatov was very wasteful, 3 or 4 decent chances. Especially that volly on 90 mins....He needs Rooney to tutor him on heading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

copacetic wrote: »
    Imo utds penalty claim was weaker than Chelseas absolute stonewall one. Either way both could have been given, so say they were.

Chelseas second and utds goal should have been disallowed. Still 2-1.

how? A one goal lead is a hell of a lot easier to fight back from than a 2 goal lead, United were on top and one goal wasn't out of the question, the second goal decision won it for Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Second half was very entertaining. to be fair United turned in a much improved display in the second half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

it was just as much a pen as the one that Park dived to try and get.
    You must have missed the contact with Park's legs part.

nullzero wrote: »
    Wholesale changes required at United, there's no real quality in the middle of the park, Scholes cant be expected to do what he did ten years ago. Time to make some good signings for a change.

Exactly, the midfield will run all day and work as hard as any other but thats not much good when you have no class going forward. We have the weakest midfield outta the top4.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Machester United - Not Arrogant - Just Better ......lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

ahhh sickened.. united were crap in the first half woke up in the second half.. i think a draw would of been a fair result the ref made some bad decisions but they did even themselves, but we'll never know what differences they would of made.. out of our hands now..
    hopefully liverpool or spurs can do us a favour in a few weeks

It just really annoys me that we wait till 60-65 minute before we realise we're in a game.

Fletecher was like a man possed in the second half closed down 3 players from the front to force the kepper to put it out, how can berba not get embarassed when this happens.

Get the game won, then waltz around the place.

nullzero wrote: »
    True, but dont be surpised to see Liverpool's youth team playing Chelsea in the second last game. Shades of 1995.

Liverpool beat Blackburn in 1995!;)

If United had taken any of the multitude of chances against West Ham they would have won the league.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    great result for Chelsea, deserved the win. Offside goal evened out wit Macheda's handball goal.

Never a hand ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Chelsea will lose at Anfield so this doesnt bother me too much, its sore but its only 2 pts FFS. Hopefully Spurs will also take a point off them. If Utd win their remaining games I think they'll win the league as Chelsea are going to get caught out on other away days.

Utd got what they deserved today, they were shyte. That 1st half performance was as bad as Munich. No doubt SAF will go baloobas about the 2nd but he has to look at his own team instead of the officials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

What a match, hard luck Man United, put up a right good fight despite the lack of Rooney.

United had a debatable penalty claim denied in the first half
    Chelsea had a debatable penalty claim denied minutes later
    Drogba was clearly offside for Chelsea's second goal
    Macheda clearly handled the ball for United's goal

^^That's the contentious decisions in a nutshell cancelling themselves out^^

C'mon you Blues :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I'll get back to you after I see a replay!

I'd be shocked if after watching that replay you don't see how the ball hit his stomach but his arm was drawn in to then guide the ball
    Must watch it again myself but that's how it initially looked to me!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement