Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Vs Chelsea saturday 03Apr10 KO 12:45PM (MOD NOTE - POST #549)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Osu wrote: »
    Clearly biased post. How much more anti-United do you want to prove yourself.

Some of the posts on here make me laugh.

Referee and his officials were rubbish. Everything did even out in the end. It's just heat of the moment stuff.

But no matter what you say decisions change the course of a game.

The game won't pan out the same if we had a penalty or Chelsea did.

Seriously man grow up, your having a go at everyone at this stage.
    You still havent told me how you come to the conclusion all i post is rubbish,ive barely posted in this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

That_Guy wrote: »
    Oh the irony.

I have to laugh at you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

United could win every game (apart from City, a point) and Chelsea could drop points at Spurs and Liverpool. Title race is still wide open. Chelsea are only 2 points ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

it was a peno, but parks theatrical fall didn't help. also, it was a definate peno on anelka a few mins later as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Vanbis wrote: »
    Exactly, the midfield will run all day and work as hard as any other but thats not much good when you have no class going forward. We have the weakest midfield outta the top4.

It's been this way for years, we've been lucky that the last few years have seen a general drop in midfield quality in most sides. We're being found out this season and Rooney has been keeping us in contention. I'd hate to think he's going to become an inspirational but frustrated leader in the same way Brian Robson was:mad:

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

nullzero wrote: »
    True, but dont be surpised to see Liverpool's youth team playing Chelsea in the second last game. Shades of 1995. But to be honest I cant see United being there to challenge Chelsea to the end going on the last two performances, United are out of fuel at this stage.

Yes because they have no interest in qualifying for the Champions League.:rolleyes: Also didn't they do their bit and beat Blackburn that day???

You've been fair embarrassing in this thread lad tbh. Nearly as bad as Headshot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

So you do not think that Chelsea should have had a pen as well then? it was just as much a pen as the one that Park dived to try and get.

I said when the decisions were made they favoured chelski . . had united gotten the peno it would of been 1-1 and it would of stopped chelski steamrolling us .

When Droggers scored united were well on top and it knocked us back . .

The decisions evened themselves out in this game, but the first peno could of knocked chelski completely (like it did pool a couple of weeks ago). .
    Couple that with the game at stamford bridge and chelski were given all the more favourable decisions (had united received this kind of help we would be listening to it right now) . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Liam O wrote: »
    Chelsea wouldn't have had the ball in United's box like that if if United had gotten the peno, butterfly effect and all that...
    But if that were the case then United could have sat back, happy with the draw, Butterfly effect and all that ;)

I have to laugh at you.

yet another one for you to target :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Well done Chelsea , CHD ,Johner and Co
    enjoy the night.:mad:
    not over yet but one very big step.

Time to kick the siht out of the dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

We got what we deserved with our first half performance. The offside goal was cancelled out by Machedas handball.

Dcully wrote: »
    Seriously man grow up, your having a go at everyone at this stage.
    You still havent told me how you come to the conclusion all i post is rubbish,ive barely posted in this thread

Grumpy much ? :)

Gary Neville - the most pleasant and well liked players in the premier league :P

No surprise there then.

Nice contribution

EDIT:
    Another one
    yet another one for you to target :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Hehe, makes me laugh some of the straw-clutching that goes on here.

United lost to the better team, Chelsea deserved their win, irrespective of any dubious decisions (which, for the record, affected both teams).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Machester United - Not Arrogant - Just Better ......lol

Ah things could be a lot worse, could be out of the CL, could be out of the title race, could be out of the CL next year.

Poor day today, good times ahead :D

But if that were the case then United could have sat back, happy with the draw, Butterfly effect and all that ;)

One of those ABU's eh . . Will stop trying to discuss anything rational with you . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Berba failed to step up to the plate. Not working Cech is not good enough, the saves he did make were bread and butter stuff.

The linesman should have gone to specsavers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

It's been this way for years, we've been lucky that the last few years have seen a general drop in midfield quality in most sides. We're being found out this season and Rooney has been keeping us in contention. I'd hate to think he's going to become an inspirational but frustrated leader in the same way Brian Robson was:mad:

SAF needs to sort the midfield out in the summer. We need to sign at least 2 quality midfielders and get rid of Carrick for a start who is useless but will start against Bayern on wednesday which after today i can't see us winning.

Nice contribution

Cheers :)
    I do like to speak the truth, i cant help if the truth hurts you can i?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

ROCKMAN wrote: »

Cheers, definitely not over by a long shot. Spurs and Pool away are going to be very tough for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Definite handball by Macheda. He used his arm to control the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

True, but dont be surpised to see Liverpool's youth team playing Chelsea in the second last game. Shades of 1995. But to be honest I cant see United being there to challenge Chelsea to the end going on the last two performances, United are out of fuel at this stage.

Can I have some of the stuff you are drinking?

Liverpool fielding a weak team? Chelsea still have a tougher run in and I'll be shouting for United in a couple of their games!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Hehe, makes me laugh some of the straw-clutching that goes on here.

United lost to the better team, Chelsea deserved their win, irrespective of any dubious decisions (which, for the record, affected both teams).

Ball's utter balls a good first half doesn't mean you deserve to win a match, could barely get out of their half until Drogba came on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Essien wrote: »
    What a match, hard luck Man United, put up a right good fight despite the lack of Rooney.

United had a debatable penalty claim denied in the first half
    Chelsea had a debatable penalty claim denied minutes later
    Drogba was clearly offside for Chelsea's second goal
    Macheda clearly handled the ball for United's goal

^^That's the contentious decisions in a nutshell cancelling themselves out^^

C'mon you Blues :D

For the last time, losing out on a peno and then your opponents losing out on one LATER isn't the same thing. Your opponents going 2-0 up due to a bad decision and you getting a fortunate goal LATER isn't the same thing.

United would've been at 1-1 if they got the peno and scored and had a head of steam and would've pushed on imo and could've easily nicked a goal if the linesman wasn't so incompetent and gotten a draw.

copacetic wrote: »
    Lollers. He was clearly 'caught' but not enough to provoke the starfish which he did.

I think we both know it wasn't a star fish, I have nice you tube video of a star fish expert if you want to compare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Drumpot wrote: »
    I said when the decisions were made they favoured chelski . . had united gotten the peno it would of been 1-1 and it would of stopped chelski steamrolling us .

When Droggers scored united were well on top and it knocked us back . .

The decisions evened themselves out in this game, but the first peno could of knocked chelski completely (like it did pool a couple of weeks ago). .
    Couple that with the game at stamford bridge and chelski were given all the more favourable decisions (had united received this kind of help we would be listening to it right now) . .
    But you have said that the decisions have evened themselves out. You do not know what would have happened and so cannot say, there were four decisions that could have been different. Park dived in my opinion and should have been yellowed but if the ref had gotten even more wrong then who knows, perhpas Droggers would have come on earlier. Nevilles one in my view was a stonewaller. Then there was an offside and a handball, for the other two goals. Sounds reasonable that even if you are blinkered enough to view Parks as anything more than a dive then you cannot but agree that there were decisions for each that could have gone differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Looking at Sky Sports there...it's pretty embarrassing for that linesman...he's right on the line with two players offside.

Decisions did level themselves out so there's no point going on about them. United are starting to look very shaky...players shouldn't have to be told to start chasing balls etc...they didn't cop on til the 2nd half and that's why they lost.

Think they could take a beating on wednesday too...old players looking very tired. Will be some achievment at this stage to still be in contention in may.

ROCKMAN wrote: »

:eek:

You leave Mr Snuggles alone :mad:

Liam O wrote: »
    For the last time, losing out on a peno and then your opponents losing out on one LATER isn't the same thing. Your opponents going 2-0 up due to a bad decision and you getting a fortunate goal LATER isn't the same thing.

United would've been at 1-1 if they got the peno and scored and had a head of steam and would've pushed on imo and could've easily nicked a goal if the linesman wasn't so incompetent and gotten a draw.

Give it up . . Thats only relevant when its united that are the benefactor of game defining decisions . . Let the ABU's bask in the glory of bitterness . .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Chelsea were the better team. I think United had 1 shot on target in the whole match..correct me if I'm wrong. Berba up front on his own against any decent opposition will not win us any matches. It is Chelsea's title to lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I think sometimes if it looks very thestrical the ref will think he's diving but don't like to give a card incase they're wrong essentially it's just the benifet of the doubt given to the defenders and like has been said at least he was consistent in not giving the peno to chelsea as well at least it's the same rules to both teams neither team gain an advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I have to laugh at you.

Why?

EF wrote: »
    Chelsea were the better team. I think United had 1 shot on target in the whole match..correct me if I'm wrong. Berba up front on his own against any decent opposition will not win us any matches. It is Chelsea's title to lose

Chelsea were much better then Manutd.

Giggs, Valencia, Park were very poor today, giving the ball away far too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

As Jamie said not many protests from United over Park incident. Not sure if Park dived but maybe fell over a bit too easily. Problem is players just go down too easy these days. case of boys crying wolf. Can see where two posters where coming from. Each made valid points

Exactly.

But you have said that the decisions have evened themselves out. You do not know what would have happened and so cannot say, there were four decisions that could have been different. Park dived in my opinion and should have been yellowed but if the ref had gotten even more wrong then who knows, perhpas Droggers would have come on earlier. Nevilles one in my view was a stonewaller. Then there was an offside and a handball, for the other two goals. Sounds reasonable that even if you are blinkered enough to view Parks as anything more than a dive then you cannot but agree that there were decisions for each that could have gone differently.

How can you book a player for diving when there was clearly contact? the contact was the momentum of the player tho.

talking absoloute rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Very funny reading some of the comments.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

ntlbell wrote: »
    I think we both know it wasn't a star fish, I have nice you tube video of a star fish expert if you want to compare?

Is it Rooney?

When the decisions were or were not given, they favoured chelski more . . At 1-1 its a completely differant game and chelski dont have that chance for their peno callas the game goes a differant direction. . At 2-0 with 10 mins to go, united lost 2 and a half mins before scoring (and it knocked them off their stride in a half they were dominating) . I cant explain it to you any better then that . .

copacetic wrote: »
    Is it Rooney?

Nah, he's no where near the caliber of player as rooney.

think they're from the same area tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Park dived in my opinion and should have been yellowed
    Fúck me, wut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Massive result for Chelsea now that the league is completely in their hands. It's much easier knowing exactly where you stand and not needing external results to go your way.

Thanx for the Fish is a well known ABU and I dunno why people even bother replying to him.

As Jamie said not many protests from United over Park incident. Not sure if Park dived but maybe fell over a bit too easily. Problem is players just go down too easy these days. case of boys crying wolf. Can see where two posters where coming from. Each made valid points

Park Ji Sung never dived, the replays show he was cleary caught and he the ball changed direction. Anyother player for any other team and no one would be debating the decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

When you watch the park FOUL at full speed and not in slow mo it will be clearer. In slow motion a touch might not look like much but at full speed a small touch will bring you down very easily. He was touched and the ball wasn't, that's a foul then aint it?

7 losses. It's amazing we're still up there with a shout tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

eZe^ wrote: »
    Massive result for Chelsea now that the league is completely in their hands. It's much easier knowing exactly where you stand and not needing external results to go your way.
    United look to have the easier run in. But still a lot of football to be played. Could well go down to last game of season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Mod warning : Stop whining about posters, anybody that pointlessly mentions a posters supposed 'agenda' will receive a yellow card. Debate the post and not the poster please.

eZe^ wrote: »

How may I ask? They have Spurs and Liverpool away. Only 2 points ahead. The pressure is on them imo.

COME ON UNITED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Vanbis wrote: »
    Park Ji Sung never dived, the replays show he was cleary caught and he the ball changed direction. Anyother player for any other team and no one would be debating the decision.
    I think Park a very honest player. But I just think players including Starfish go down too easily these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Good match today. These matches tend to end up being boring affairs with both teams cancelling each other out, but today it was fairly open!!

The officials was awful. Got all major decisions wrong. Both teams should have had penalties. Drogba was offside. Macheda handled the ball. Laughable.

I thought Chelsea deserved the win. Utd had more of the ball in the second half, but that's dictated py previous events. Chelsea went in at half time with a deserved lead so of course Utd would attack in the second half.

For all the possession Utd had, i can't remember a save of significance that Cech had to make. They have nothing up forward. Berbatov just isn't good enough for a club like Utd. Spurs is his level at the most and at 30 odd million, he's been a p!ss poor signing by Ferguson.

The league is far from over though. For me, it's between Utd and Chelsea. Arsenal aren't good enough, certainly now with their top players missing. There'll be more twists and turns as they say. For a neutral, today was a great result cos it really opens up the title race big time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement