Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Vs Chelsea saturday 03Apr10 KO 12:45PM (MOD NOTE - POST #549)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

You have to give macheda credit. Goal per game ratio is very good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Greetings from Birmingham Airport, these thread won't be half as fun to read as two weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

monkey9 wrote: »
    Just accept you's are a one man team and deal with those apples!! You's would be nothing without Macheda! NOTHING!!!

Mame_Biram_Diouf_738894i.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Gutted with today.

First half was a continuation of the tuesday game - terrible in posession and poor at tracking runners.

Horrible to say at no point did I feel we were likely to score.

Looked more 'at it' in the second half but again, we just didn't look like scoring.

People may go on about the obviously off side goal that, in the end, won it for Chelsea but in truth Chelsea were well worth the win and the United goal was dubious too.

Gutted with today.

First half was a continuation of the tuesday game - terrible in posession and poor at tracking runners.

Horrible to say at no point did I feel we were likely to score.

Looked more 'at it' in the second half but again, we just didn't look like scoring.

People may go on about the obviously off side goal that, in the end, won it for Chelsea but in truth Chelsea were well worth the win and the United goal was dubious too.

Decent analysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,832 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rooney was missed

Just seen the replay on great goals, jesus chirst how did the linesman get that wrong. That goal gave Chelsea the win and I ain't happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Rasta, when you see that Macheda's was a hand ball, i'm sure you'll feel a bit better.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Rooney was missed
    Grass was green.
    (presume we're just stating the obvious ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Rasta, when you see that Macheda's was a hand ball, i'm sure you'll feel a bit better.

how's a player suppose to react that fast

the goalie pushed the ball against him, how is he able to get his hands out of the way ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Never a handball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

papagormo wrote: »
    that oul bane of a free transfer united got, O.G. didnt get game time today, thanks be to jaysus!

OG could be heading to Real Madrid in the summer apparantly!!

I was about 5 feet away from it and it didn't look like handball. I'll check now, I should be on the tele but don't want to watch the full 90mins.

it was definately handball. sky had a new kinda angle today for some slow mo replays (presumably for the 3d?). macheda intentionally moved his arm to bundle the ball in with it. there really isn't any debate about it if you've seen the replay i'm refering to tbh

Just seen the replay, that isn't a peno if the defender does it therefore not a handball in my eyes. Chelsea were gifted the victory, off to catch my plane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ah come on it was definitely a handball.

it was definately handball. sky had a new kinda angle today for some slow mo replays (presumably for the 3d?). macheda intentionally moved his arm to bundle the ball in with it. there really isn't any debate about it if you've seen the replay i'm refering to tbh

Yeah i saw the same replay and still disagree, never a handball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

RasTa wrote: »
    Just seen the replay, that isn't a peno if the defender does it therefore not a handball in my eyes. Chelsea were gifted the victory, off to catch my plane.

What? :confused: Unreal.

Handball IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

papagormo wrote: »
    the people deserve to know who these morans are!

kevinmoran_174446t.jpg

dylan-moran.jpg

moran.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm not sure how intentional it was from Kiko, but if the same had happened to a chelsea defender in that same incident i'd be calling handball (and I bet chelsea fans would be saying unintentional - would have been a harsh penalty) so I would have completely understood if it had been ruled out for handball. Very tough one for the linesman or ref to see givent he ruck of bodies in there.

pssst: he can't see your posts.

pssst x2: he can when I quote them.

Meh, i couldnt care, if he disagrees with an opinion then id imagine he has a long list on his ignore list :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Vanbis wrote: »
    Meh, i couldnt care, if he disagrees with an opinion then id imagine he has a long list on his ignore list :rolleyes:

it's hardly opinion, the handball is as clear as day. It's like saying black is white claiming it isn't.

copacetic wrote: »
    it's hardly opinion, the handball is as clear as day. It's like saying black is white claiming it isn't.

Now thats just being silly. So everyone else thinks it was and I didnt and dont think it was handball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If we complain about Henry's handball then that was the same as today there was movement to control the ball with his hand/arm

If we complain about Henry's handball then that was the same as today there was movement to control the ball with his hand/arm

except the ball came 30 yards or more to Henry, it was a couple of feet from Kiko.

except the ball came 30 yards or more to Henry, it was a couple of feet from Kiko.
    Dont think there was any doubt about the Macheda hand ball. Refereeing was poor across the board. United should look though at first goal. Neville for some strange reason decided to drift out and thereby allow the cross to go in for Cole goal. And Berbatov had a bad day at the office. Dont think United can have any real complaints about the result.

Dont think there was any doubt about the Macheda hand ball.

I agree that it was handball. But to say there isn't any doubt is just wrong as well. The fact that it takes the reviewing of several different replays of the incident from several different angles before you can make a definitive decision on it means its far from cut and dried. In the heat of the moment, with the crowd of players that was obscuring the officials' view it was understandable they got it wrong tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

eZe^ wrote: »
    Massive result for Chelsea now that the league is completely in their hands. It's much easier knowing exactly where you stand and not needing external results to go your way.

Advantage Chelsea for sure , but with that comes a little added pressure, I still think they will drop points, if not and they win the title and they will be deserving Champions.

It's been a very exciting season I hope it goes to the last day and has a few more twists.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I agree that it was handball. But to say there isn't any doubt is just wrong as well. The fact that it takes the reviewing of several different replays of the incident from several different angles before you can make a definitive decision on it means its far from cut and dried. In the heat of the moment, with the crowd of players that was obscuring the officials' view it was understandable they got it wrong tbh.
    yeah but for Fergie to give out about one decision and not the other is a bit inconsistent. There was the Neville foul and the Macheda incident as well. Neither of which Fergie mentioned in his interview with RTE.

• Advertisement

yeah but for Fergie to give out about one decision and not the other is a bit inconsistent. There was the Neville foul and the Macheda incident as well. Neither of which Fergie mentioned in his interview with RTE.

Nobody mentioned Fergie?:confused:

But seeing as you bring it up: The Macheda mistake was understandable given the crowd of players around the incident, whereas with the Drogba offside, the linesman had a clear view all along the line of play.

Either way, don't mind Fergie, its no co-incidence he makes the most noise on days when United have underperformed. It continues to amaze me that people still take his deflection of criticism of his players at face value after all these years tbh.:eek:

in the interview I saw him give (to sky sports) he was only asked about the Drogba decision, he wasn't asked if there was a doubt over Kiko's.

He didn't mention the Park appeal in the first half either, doesn't mean he thinks the ref got it right (or wrong).

in the interview I saw him give (to sky sports) he was only asked about the Drogba decision, he wasn't asked if there was a doubt over Kiko's.

He didn't mention the Park appeal in the first half either, doesn't mean he thinks the ref got it right (or wrong).
    Talking about RTE interview where he was very critical of the officiating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

deisedevil wrote: »
    Exactly. He was of the opinion that we could have got something from the game had the decisions gone our way at the right time. You don't know that it wouldn't either so why are you giving him such a hard time of it.

Utd could have gotten something from the game anyway and if decisions went their way at the right time, Wexford Youths could beat Man United to nil.

Even for boards this is a pretty pointless thing for people to be arguing about. ( though i know you didn't start it DD)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Ref had a shocker today. Two clear penalties (one each end) not given, and two goals allowed that shoudn't have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Good win for Chelsea.

Would be very surprised if Chelsea didn't go on to win it now.

Hard to argue that Utd deserved even a point out of the game in my opinion.

I do think SAF's having a pop at the officals is designed to take the focus away from the team (for about the millionth time) and am surprised that people are giving it any creedence.

Blackburn at Ewood Park next weekend could be a very very tricky fixture expecially with the Bayern game mid-week. That's even before taking into account the massive landmine that is playing City at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Chelsea were the better team over the 90 minutes and probably just about deserved the win.

Blackburn at Ewood Park next weekend could be a very very tricky fixture expecially with the Bayern game mid-week. That's even before taking into account the massive landmine that is playing City at home.

i predict an easy win for United, with a lot of back slapping going on the sidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

And Berbatov had a bad day at the office.
    No he didn't. This has been explained to you already.

• Advertisement

Just watching MOTD there and if Kiko was a handball then we where denied a peno for Malouda's.

Ref also missed stonewallers on Park and Anelka

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Chelsea fully deserved the win today imo.

the malouda one was off a chest/shoulder, the Kiko one was lower arm with the arm intentionally being used to put the ball in the net.

agree about the stonewallers from Park/Anelka, Park didn't help himself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

the malouda one was off a chest/shoulder, the Kiko one was lower arm with the arm intentionally being used to put the ball in the net.

+1

gosplan wrote: »
    Utd could have gotten something from the game anyway and if decisions went their way at the right time, Wexford Youths could beat Man United to nil.

Even for boards this is a pretty pointless thing for people to be arguing about. ( though i know you didn't start it DD)

Yeah, this butterfly effect thing that some Utd fans are going on about is a bit silly. I understand what they're getting at, but you could play that game all day.

If the Park penalty claim was awarded, they may well have missed the peno thus giving Chelsea impetus and confidence to go on to win the game anyway.

I just think the ref was poor for both sides. I don't think the ref cost Utd the game. They just weren't good enough today. For all the possession they had in that second half, they provided no goal threat!

Just watching MOTD there and if Kiko was a handball then we where denied a peno for Malouda's.

But Macheda handled it, whereas the ball hit Malouda's chest, near his shoulder!!

• Advertisement

By the way, i have to laugh at the lino's reaction after the Drogba goal that MOTD highlighted. He really looked stressed out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Two games in a row now our midfield has bypassed easily, Fletcher has played alot recently as has Scholes, they need a rest, but they can't. Carrick needs to up his game ALOT. I worry for our season now.

We may win the league, but the City and Spurs games will be tough. Especially City, if we don't have Rooney I fear for us.

Macheda needs game time, he looks very promising and sharp, 4-4-2 with Berbatov please!

Yes, the offside goal decided the game, but we were appalling in the first half and deserved to lose tbf.

Nani should have started, the mind boggles why he played Park. This defensive-ness is destroying us at times, especially when our defence hasn't been as good this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

+2

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

ah cmon, it didn't go anywhere near Malouda's arm, it hit him high up on inside of the shoulder. Whats with the 'if' for your handball? He volleyballed it in with his forearm ffs. Earlier you were claiming he never touched it at all.

copacetic wrote: »
    Earlier you were claiming he never touched it at all.

Same contact as with Malouda's. Anyway done with this thread now, Chelsea given 3 points like at Stamford bridge although that was a dodgy free kick that led to the goal. Top of the league, congrats.

• Advertisement
Advertisement