Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Vs Chelsea saturday 03Apr10 KO 12:45PM (MOD NOTE - POST #549)

191011121315»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

RasTa wrote: »
    Same contact as with Malouda's. Anyway done with this thread now, Chelsea given 3 points like at Stamford bridge although that was a dodgy free kick that led to the goal. Top of the league, congrats.

get your eyes thoroughly checked, even the pundits on sky, rte and bbc could see the massive difference. i.e one was a clear handball, the other didn't go near the arm at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

flahavaj wrote: »
    Nobody mentioned Fergie?:confused:

But seeing as you bring it up: The Macheda mistake was understandable given the crowd of players around the incident, whereas with the Drogba offside, the linesman had a clear view all along the line of play.

Either way, don't mind Fergie, its no co-incidence he makes the most noise on days when United have underperformed. It continues to amaze me that people still take his deflection of criticism of his players at face value after all these years tbh.:eek:

Every manager does it, you'd swear it was only Fergie.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Same contact as with Malouda's. Anyway done with this thread now, Chelsea given 3 points like at Stamford bridge although that was a dodgy free kick that led to the goal. Top of the league, congrats.

They weren't. They were just better than you's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

It was nothing like it. Malouda was hit in the shoulder and even tried to move his arm further away from the ball by pulling it behind his back. Kiko stuck his hand out and may as well have thrown the ball in.

Chelsea outplayed Man U today, by a mile in the first half and were fully deserving of the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

ttar_lemon_v.jpg

You are seriously embarrassing yourself. Malouda's the same contact as Macheda's? Unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Chelsea deserved the win, Utd didn't deserve a point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Barr wrote: »
    Chelsea deserved the win, Utd didn't deserve a point.

pretty much that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Chelsea won the league today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Des wrote: »
    I hope you're right, but i sense there'll be plenty more twists and turns. Both teams have some tough games coming up still.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I hope you're right

I am right, Chelsea won't drop enough points to let anyone else in.

Also, Arsenal will grind it to 2nd

• Advertisement

we shall see.

we shall see.

we shall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I am right, Chelsea won't drop enough points to let anyone else in.

Also, Arsenal will grind it to 2nd

There's only two points between the top two. It's madness to think the league is over. Far from it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

The way this season has gone,
    The wierdest moment could still be to come ,
    We may yet see the following headline

Liverpool win hands Title no19 to UTD :eek::D:D

Well after today we are looking for others to do us favours and who better than our wonderful neighbours :pac:

i'd vomit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i'd vomit

what if it meant champions league football ?

i'd still vomit, however i'd also be happy at the same time. I'd imagine it'd be a very strange sensation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    We may yet see the following headline

Liverpool win hands Title no19 to UTD :eek::D:D

This is what I have been saying for ages to fellow Chelsea fans... Imagine, in the penultimate game of the season, Liverpool fighting for 4th, beat Chelsea at Anfield. On the same day, Man United win their game. They take a 1 point lead at the top (assuming the status quo has remained until this point). Liverpool sacrifice their top flight record for European Football, Chelsea lose the title by a single point and Sir Alex Ferguson retires with a bang...

I still wake up screaming thinking of this!!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

The key game for united is away to man-city if they win that I think they could still win the league, I think they will win all their other remaining games, I cant see chelsea beating spurs and liverpool away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

The key game for united is away to man-city if they win that I think they could still win the league, I think they will win all their other remaining games, I cant see chelsea beating spurs and liverpool away

That's the thing in football, obviously don't know what will happen!!!!
    Hope to God City beat Utd tho'......

Can't understand why some think Chelsea can't beat Spurs or Liverpool away!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

put your house and car on it ;)

there is still alot of football to be played yet, chelsea won the game yday they didn't win the league........not yet anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

That's the thing in football, obviously don't know what will happen!!!!
    Hope to God City beat Utd tho'......

Can't understand why some think Chelsea can't beat Spurs or Liverpool away!!!
    Liverpool's record against top four teams has been poor this season. But they have been known to pull off the odd win against Chelsea. Was them after all that ended their famous home run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Very disappointing result. Focus will be on the ref because the goal that won it was scored in an absurdly ofside decision, like it wasn't even marginal, I hope that linesman gets demoted a few divisions for a while. But at the same time, there was probably a penalty both sides, Macheda's goal was probably handball, and many more decisions which were frankly absurd.

United played poorly, very poorly, in the first half. No doubt. Chelsea were way more energetic and the extra time resting no doubt had an influence. In the second half we picked it up a good bit. Scholes and Giggs can't play in the same midfield, we lack the energy. United are desperately suffering right now because Fletcher is off-form and not driving games the way he has, which has highlighted the weakness we have in central midfield.

Going to be incredibly tough to win the league now. Spurs and Liverpool are the ones I hope can do us a favour, but I think to have any real chance of winning the league, we need to step it up seriously for the last 5 games, and we need to re-take the goal difference, because its very possible that Chelsea will get 4 wins and a draw.

Advertisement