Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Vs Chelsea saturday 03Apr10 KO 12:45PM (MOD NOTE - POST #549)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

United fans getting hung up over a contentious penalty decision says it all really. Insipid so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

copacetic wrote: »
    Have another look at halftime when they slow it down for you.

let me see if i can slow it down for you, if park puts the ball through his legs, and even if the ball hit him on the way through and the player went in after and took him down it has to be a penalty?

so the touch on the ball considering there was no attempt on park it's irrelvant.

slow enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

1329: All very slow by the hosts... but here's a strong run by Ji-Sung Park and he plays the ball into Dimitar Berbatov, but Frank Lampard times the challenge well. Gary Neville in the book now for a terrible challenge on Florent Malouda

How predictable was that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Poor half from United but Chelsea have created next to nothing.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

now i turn on two and a half men...just wanna forget that first half..not dwell on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Its a fcuking disgrace :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Enjoyable game,Chelsea deserve their first half lead. United willl have to up their game second half to get anything from this.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

ntlbell wrote: »
    let me see if i can slow it down for you, if park puts the ball through his legs, and even if the ball hit him on the way through and the player went in after and took him down it has to be a penalty?

so the touch on the ball considering there was no attempt on park it's irrelvant.

slow enough?

so now there is a touch on the ball, although in your last post there absolutely wasn't? Looked at it again then I see:rolleyes:

He trys to tackle Park and got the ball, touches Park on the follow through. Park dives. No peno. Not even the other Utd players thought it was a peno.

kenon wrote: »
    Poor half from United but Chelsea have created next to nothing.

Apart from the goal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

mike65 wrote: »
    1329: All very slow by the hosts... but here's a strong run by Ji-Sung Park and he plays the ball into Dimitar Berbatov, but Frank Lampard times the challenge well. Gary Neville in the book now for a terrible challenge on Florent Malouda

How predictable was that?

Gary Neville - the most pleasant and well liked players in the premier league :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Fear not folks, Dean will bottle it in the 2nd half and give us a peno to keep his record going, whether or not berba scores it is another matter :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

boring match for the top 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

out fought ,out passed ,out played

Hairdryer time .

Second half like that and its curtains

chelsea crusing.

I don't think I've seen a team so relaxed on the ball against united since the barca game.

hair dryer/changes needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

As good as chelski were in that half, united were shocking . . Its not all Rooney being absent as it was the same against Bayern (with rooney playing) . .

They looked tired, lethargic and short of pace . . 1-0 is a fair reflection of the game and united will need an injection of some youth . . Bring on Nani and macheda for Giggs and Scholes. 4 4 2 - Park, Fletch Nani and Valencia . . Just go for it . . rather lose 4-0 trying to win, then 1-0 plodding along hopelessly .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Peno incidents done, dusted and gone
    Give over about it!!!!!
    Move on FFS

Nice one Mike65 for giving some insight on the game to those who can't gain acces to any commentary.

Proving to be a tough game for Utd but feel they are coming back into it a little.......
    Should be an interesting 2nd half as I'd imagine some tempers will fray before long, esp if Chelsea get another goal!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Good first half from us, although United starting to get into a bit more near the end of the half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

lol. He clearly gets a touch on the ball, you can see it in every bloody replay. The ball even changes direction ffs.
    so now there is a touch on the ball, although in your last post there absolutely wasn't? Looked at it again then I see:rolleyes:

He trys to tackle Park and got the ball, touches Park on the follow through. Park dives. No peno. Not even the other Utd players thought it was a peno.

It was a blatant peno. Yes he touched the ball but Park was still getting to it, he left his leg behind to stop Park from doing so. The Neville incident was another blatant peno, so at least he was consistent.

United have been poor all season, for the last couple of weeks they've been tired as well. Their concentration is lacking and their passing is off as a result. We're going to struggle to get anything out of this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Don't worry boys,mr dean i wear united underpants will gift united something in the next 45,just you wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Im not so sure the hairdryer will even work after that. Lifeless. Hope I'm wrong obv.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Yes Chelsea on top at the moment. Second half promises to be interesting.

I never said there was a touch. I said touch or no touch it was irrelvant in this case.

will I try capitial letters?

Try reading the posts.

I think I know where this is going so I'll nod and smile..

Just a thought (not contentious!)

With the current champions league schedule madness Chelsea clearly have an advantage for this game. Bring back the old set up much fairer as everyone will have played the same number of games in any given CL week.

Oh hang on they are out of the CL arn't they? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

The park penalty claim is nowhere near as clear cut as Andy Gray made it out to be. The defender clipped the ball away from him before even making contact with Park. Neville's challenge was definitely a penalty. When did Malouda become such a beast? He's all over the pitch. I miss Deco too, even if he's old and doesn't look bothered, he always has the ability to play that class ball.

They were both peno's tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

digme wrote: »
    Don't worry boys,mr dean i wear united underpants will gift united something in the next 45,just you wait.

Are you 14?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

digme wrote: »

Not after Olson saod he dived as he knew Mike Dean gives lots of pens

Johner wrote: »
    They were both peno's tbh.

I'm not sure till I see the replays a few times

Just saw.......

Both penalties in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm so proud of Neville.:D

Serious hairdryer is needed to get them going.

Malouda is ****ing brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Terrible performance by us.

Giggs and Berbatov especially awful. Evra the only player looking half decent. Chelsea fully deserve their lead, I hope SAF is currently putting the fear of God into them. Fergie needs to look in a mirror too, his selection today!!

Get some subs on, change the system a bit, get back into the game. Berba can't do anything being so isolated, and when he does, his touch is usually ****.

Giggs for Nani. Carrick for Scholes. Keep Park in centre.

Zhirkov playing quite well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I'd say Marcheda will make an appearance alright, United have just been so lifeless and it doesn't help that Berbatov moves with the speed of a sloth around the pitch.

Chelsea look in great form though, Frank Lampard is giving a masterclass in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

There was contact with parks ankle, but i'll stick my neck out and say he was diving.

Neville however seems keen to take a career up in rugby, as he's fast en route to ending his football one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Iago wrote: »
    It was a blatant peno. Yes he touched the ball but Park was still getting to it, he left his leg behind to stop Park from doing so. The Neville incident was another blatant peno, so at least he was consistent.

United have been poor all season, for the last couple of weeks they've been tired as well. Their concentration is lacking and their passing is off as a result. We're going to struggle to get anything out of this game.

This essentially. Decent results, Rooneys brilliance and Ferguson's ability to get results while playing badly have led to united's general poor performance levels being glossed over.

Gonna be a long second half, Chelsea easily on top, united haven't really had a decent shot on goal.

Chelsea look in great form though, Frank Lampard is giving a masterclass in midfield.

Really? he hasn't really done anything of note. It's not like he's been winning the ball in there, united are just giving it away.

What's he done exactly for this master class? malouda granted, but frank? done nothing really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Fergie needs to look in a mirror too, his selection today!!

What would you have done differently oh Master of FM?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Neville, Scholes & Giggs off.

Rafa, Macheda & Nani on.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

I'm not sure till I see the replays a few times

Just saw.......

Both penalties in my opinion

Zhirkov got a touch with his shin on the ball, changed the angle the ball was traveling, not a pen I don't think. Neville defo a pen, should have been him sent off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I know it's half over but this match is on Today FM if you're stuck for coverage.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    This essentially. Decent results, Rooneys brilliance and Ferguson's ability to get results while playing badly have led to united's general poor performance levels being glossed over.

Gonna be a long second half, Chelsea easily on top, united haven't really had a decent shot on goal.

lol at least your consitent :D

Villa one loss in 18, villa found out.

united down by the odd goal in 45 minutes by one of the best teams in europe, fergie and united found out lol

Off the stage ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Cannot see Scholes lasting the whole game , Either subbed or Sent off

I know which I think it will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Iago wrote: »

The funny thing is he has awarded 18 pens in 24 games according to the sky stat and maybe that stat played a factor there. But refs should be strong willed enought to award a decision regardless of the pressure on them. Two penalties there IMO.

baz2009 wrote: »

Given Rooney morphine lollies?

It's about the only thing he could have done differently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

David Haye coming on for Berba for the 2nd half :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

so subs on for utd, thats a bit crazy

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »
    Given Rooney morphine lollies?

It's about the only thing he could have done differently

Good answer:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Very tired and distracted performance from United. Fletcher is taking far too long to get forward and link up play when we have the ball AND when we lose the ball Scholes being the only cm covering behind the play is leaving us way too exposed. Something has to change. Pushing Scholes further forward and keeping Fletch behind the ball at all times might do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hello berba stay in ****ing box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

ah neville.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

baz2009 wrote: »

Not start both Scholes and Giggs. The energy just isn't there. If we are playing 4-5-1, we need someone who can actually pick a pass today, possibly Carrick (if he wants to). Valencia is having no luck trying to get pass Zhirkov today. Take Giggs off for some pace down the other wing. Park and Fletch will get stuck in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement