Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Door

Options
  • 02-04-2010 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭

It’s time to face what lies behind The Door

In this brand-new, two-part special for ITV1, six celebrities will put their bravery to the test and take on the challenge of enduring a multitude of tests, all delicately designed to instil in them a mix of emotions, from fear to total confusion, as they discover what lies behind The Door.

Actors Dean Gaffney, Louisa Lytton, Coronation Street’s Jennie McAlpine, Boyzone’s Keith Duffy join television presenter Michael Underwood and The Saturday’s singer Frankie Sandford as they compete against each other in the ultimate celebrity endeavour contest.

The anxious contestants will pass through a series of doors. Each will transport them to unexpected places where they will face challenges that will assault all their senses. They will battle claustrophobic spaces, suffer shocks, and, hopefully with a sense of adventure, cope with disorientating games as they battle it out to be the last star standing and claim a cash prize for their chosen charity.

Presiding over the entertaining thrills and spills is Chris Tarrant and Amanda Holden, who will be on hand to prepare the celebrities for what lies ahead and provide detailed commentary from their insider vantage point.

In this knockout competition, each door will claim a victim. By the end of the first episode, three of the celebrities will have made it through to the final.

For the three ‘losers’, a long and arduous ordeal awaits, during which they’ll face a series of disorientating challenges, after surviving which, one will have earned the last remaining place in the final showdown and two will have to leave.

In the concluding instalment, the four finalists take part in two head-to-head contests, before the last two remaining celebrities do battle in the final challenge until only the winner remains.

Friday, 2 April 2010, 9:00PM - 10:00PM on ITV and TV3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

I thought it was a load of rubbish but I switched off after about 10 minutes so unless it improved 100% then I don't think I'll be tuning in again!
    It could have been the celeb line up, I haven't seen half of them on tv for years or it might have been Dean Gaffney with his over the top ( a la I'm a celeb) gagging a couple of minutes into the show (& every minute after that)! Either way the show was a let down after all the build up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Seemed to me it was like a poor Crystal Maze/I'm a Celeb hybrid

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement