Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.220 swift

Options
  • 02-04-2010 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Well lads
    Quick question for all those swift lovers out there, i can get my hands on some hornady 40gr V-MAX Molys! Using a Ruger 77 mk II vt with 1 in 14 inch twist??i think?? open for correction will the bullet match the gun?
    Did any of you lads use them and the results.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

paddy2008 wrote: »
    Well lads
    Quick question for all those swift lovers out there, i can get my hands on some hornady 40gr V-MAX Molys! Using a Ruger 77 mk II vt with 1 in 14 inch twist??i think?? open for correction will the bullet match the gun?
    If they are marked .220 swift they should be ok;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

paddy2008 wrote: »
    Well lads

the short answer is yes the bullet is fine and the results will be nothing short of spetacular on small vermin..I have used them in handloads:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

They'll be very FAST and EFFECTIVE ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

+1, it will be like a lazer flat fast and deadly, I have the same gun and have a stock of Remington 50gr PSP, I'd be interested in how you get on with the 40gr

Never tried Remmy PSP's how do you find 'em ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

They seem a very stable round and less prone to windage, I find at less than 50 yrds (rare enough it is) it can go straight through without dispencing all its energy unless it hits bone, however at normal ranges the hydraulic shock is massive, where the whole shoulder and internals are turned to jelly as the cell walls get ruptured, even if a fox moves at the last millisecond and you round is back on the body a small bit, it's still dead. I use a ruger 77 M2 and I prefer to have a few rounds down the gun, around 3 before setting sights, I can then get good groupings, zeroed at 180 yrds. I threaded it for a T8 Mod, I can hear things again.
    I have not tried too many other rounds as I like what I use and the pain of re-zeroing, mainly on the wallet,
    This is what it does to 20mm mild steel plate, 13mm penetration, 11mm hole at 50 yards, I was testing materials for targets (safely, Don't try this at home at such short range)

20mmMildsteel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭paddy2008

Thanks lads....keep you posted

This is a group I shot last year at 200 yards with hornady 50 grain while zeroing my Swift. The orange patch is 1" diameter :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

This is a group I shot last year at 200 yards with hornady 50 grain while zeroing my Swift. The orange patch is 1" diameter :cool:
    Now, thats some tight shooting .;)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭paddy2008

great shooting Bunny

• Advertisement

Must admit it was near perfect conditions..................namely very little wind.

Advertisement