Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any club open tonight at 12?

Options
  • 02-04-2010 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

I heard some rumours about places in temple bar, anybody know anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Facebook tells me Tramco is. I'm trying to see what else is open tonight too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Cheers for this, was about to start a thread myself.

Have friends over from UK and im assuming most places in temple bar will open?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

Sitting here with two alcos and a large bottle of Jameson, im gaggin to go out. I called Buskers and they are closed, Dandelion rumoured to be open but no answer there

Sitting here with two alcos and a large bottle of Jameson, im gaggin to go out. I called Buskers and they are closed, Dandelion rumoured to be open but no answer there

Fitzsimons? Haven't been there since I was 18 (3 years ago) yet I'd love to go!

Unfortunately I didn't hit an offo last night so have to piece together some booze; gin and tonic!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'm so bored, I want to head out! Slim options so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

Put this in AH also to widen the net

Fitzsimons? Haven't been there since I was 18 (3 years ago) yet I'd love to go!

Unfortunately I didn't hit an offo last night so have to piece together some booze; gin and tonic!

yuck. i have a crate of stella here that is being consumed :p

(sorry i had to)

think i will just end up hitting temple bar around 12ish and hope for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

bah, it wouldnt be good friday without drinking a crate of beers at home now would it?! I say leave the clubs their night off tonigfht what!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm shocked that people can't think of anything to do that doesn't involve alcohol for one day.

phasers wrote: »
    I'm shocked that people can't think of anything to do that doesn't involve alcohol for one day.

meh, not to get into that revolving argument again but surely its everyones right to when they are given a day off work?

My excuse is that I need to go somewhere as its someones 21st and they came over to Dublin for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    meh, not to get into that revolving argument again but surely its everyones right to when they are given a day off work?

My excuse is that I need to go somewhere as its someones 21st and they came over to Dublin for the weekend.
    Sorry I should have said I wasn't really directing it at anyone in the thread, it's just the sheer volume of people IRL, on Boards and on Facebook all day going "omg so bored need to get drunk" and such. It just seems crazy that they can't do other stuff for one day!

Anyway, this is dragging the thread off topic.

On topic, I'd assume most places opened at midnight cos it's kind of gimmicky and I bet there'll be tons of people wanting to go out tonight!

Sorry I should have said I wasn't really directing it at anyone in the thread, it's just the sheer volume of people IRL, on Boards and on Facebook all day going "omg so bored need to get drunk" and such. It just seems crazy that they can't do other stuff for one day!

Anyway, this is dragging the thread off topic.

On topic, I'd assume most places opened at midnight cos it's kind of gimmicky and I bet there'll be tons of people wanting to go out tonight!

Oh aye mate I didnt take it personally, just explaining one possible reason why people may HAVE to (;)) drink. FWIW I think its horrible that our generation can only really do one thing socially and thats to drink, but thats for another thread i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dave_dunne

Nope,,,nowhere open from 12 midnight,,,The powers that be revoked all late night license for 1 night only.. Friday night/early hours of Saturday morning.

Well I've spent the past week painting pictures, writing my film script and managing to fit in a visit to the Zoo so I think it is alright to go out drinking having entertained the intellectual side of my brain

dave_dunne wrote: »
    Nope,,,nowhere open from 12 midnight,,,The powers that be revoked all late night license for 1 night only.. Friday night/early hours of Saturday morning.

Tramco have actually cancelled their Good Friday night. Looks like town is going to be a ghost town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

vortex in dunshaughlin is open tonite at 12 if thats any good for anybody, http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=7490255079 wouldnt recommend it myself but its desperate times for some....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dave_dunne

Think it was a last minute thing,,maybe even yesterday. DJ's i know were only told yesterday that their services wouldnt be needed.
    Another great idea by the powers that be:mad:

triple-M wrote: »
    vortex in dunshaughlin is open tonite at 12 if thats any good for anybody, http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=7490255079 wouldnt recommend it myself but its desperate times for some....

Omg I hitchhiked home from there the one and only time I went. Bit out of the way now though with no buses heading there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Omg I hitchhiked home from there the one and only time I went. Bit out of the way now though with no buses heading there
    yeah its a bit out of the way alrite i've been there once aswell and dont have any intentions of going back, and im coming from blanch so sharing a taxi isnt too bad getting there altho coming from anywhere else in the city would probaly cost a fortune to get there,

Last Wed the District Court ruled that no late licences were valid for 12am Saturday (Good Friday night) so unfortunately town is literally going to be a ghost town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I don't drink but I object so strongly to the Catholic Church's grip on our laws I'm tempted to egg that Judge's house.

It's so antiquated it's just plain stupid. Might as wel ban gayness and condoms for a day. Idiot government failing to revoke this is a joke.

Mind you, I'd favour it remaining a Public Holiday ;)

sdonn wrote: »
    I don't drink but I object so strongly to the Catholic Church's grip on our laws I'm tempted to egg that Judge's house.

It's so antiquated it's just plain stupid. Might as wel ban gayness and condoms for a day. Idiot government failing to revoke this is a joke.

I don't understand how Good Friday begins at 12am on Friday and spills over into Saturday as well. Idiotic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

sdonn wrote: »

Its nothing to do with religon as far as i know.
    its the barmans' union gurantee two free days per year for thier members and indeed for all bar workers...christmas day and good friday.

Degsy wrote: »
    its the barmans' union gurantee two free days per year for thier members and indeed for all bar workers...christmas day and good friday.

If my place had opened on Good Friday and I was asked to work, I would have plainly refused to work without giving any particular reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Degsy wrote: »

Yeh, its the courts!

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/nightclubs-shocked-after-licences-revoked-2120366.html

Advertisement