Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bundt cake recipe driven demented

Options
  • 02-04-2010 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Ok not quite demented but ..

The recipes I can find mention shortening or ready made mix.
    Measurements in cups etc.

If there a food proof method with ingredients I can get my hands on, I don't want to use ready made cake mixes it defeats the purpose.

The cake molds I have are for Easter but there aren't the lamb ones you put together they are just small individual cake molds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Bundt Cake

Ingredients
    • 3 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs of your choice (bread, cake, malt loaf, etc.)
    • 175g butter
    • 20g sugar
    • 2 tsp vanilla extract
    • Zest of 1/2 lemon
    • 3 large eggs
    • 140g sugar
    • 2 tsp honey
    • 175g flour, triple sifted
    Method

1. Toast the breadcrumbs, blitz until fine. Grease your bundt moulds with melted margarine/butter, coat evenly with the breadcrumbs.
    2. Cream butter, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon zest until creamy.
    3. Beat the eggs, sugar and honey in a large heatproof bowl over a simmering double-boiler until pale and creamy. Remove from the heat, beat for 5 mins on high until cool. Beat for 10-15 mins on low. Doing this in a stand mixer will save a lot of effort.
    4. Mix 1/3 of the egg mixture into the creamed butter mixture until incorporated. Fold in the remaining egg mixture. Fold in the flour.
    5. Pour into moulds, leaving 1" of space at the top. Bake at 160c for 30-45 mins until cooked - test the centre by probing with a skewer.
    6. Cool in the tins for 10 mins. Cool on wire racks. Glaze with a flat icing (icing sugar and lemon juice or water) if desired, or dust with icing sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Nice n easy thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Made a go of it, the molds came out very well, the butter and breadcrumb really helped they just poppd out. They're clear enough to just about make out as Easter shapes. Want to ice the back of one lot and sandwich them together. Tastes lovely, with a hint of lemon.

Advertisement