Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commerce, BBS, Accounting or Law and Accounting???

• 02-04-2010 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Im a 6th year and i'm not sure what degree i want to do next year. I want to become a chartered accountant but i dont no which degree i want to do. Which is the best of these 4;accounting in ucc commerce in ucc law and accounting in ul or BBS in ul??? Will potential employers favour 1 over the other?? Advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Im a 6th year and i'm not sure what degree i want to do next year. I want to become a chartered accountant but i dont no which degree i want to do. Which is the best of these 4;accounting in ucc commerce in ucc law and accounting in ul or BBS in ul??? Will potential employers favour 1 over the other?? Advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

accounting in ucc

or

law & accounting if you have any interest in law...

These 2 could possibly get you exemptions from ACCA exams or at least work well towards it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 philypurcell92

stainluss wrote: »
    accounting in ucc

or

law & accounting if you have any interest in law...

These 2 could possibly get you exemptions from ACCA exams or at least work well towards it

both of them have gone down as my 1st and 2nd choice but i duno if ill get the points. Its my 3rd choice im worried about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 FargoBoyle86

Most Business/Accounting courses have CAP 1 exemptions from the Chartered Institute. I hear Limerick Business Studies has work experience/CO-Op. This is vital in these times. Any course with relevant experience is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I have accounting as my 1 - 10th choice. I'm only good in business that's why I'm doing this.

I'm deviating or switching to a unique course eg accounting and marketing.

Read this article in this link.

http://agonist.org/Learning-Center/marketing/accountingthebestbusinessdegreetoget.html

Advertisement