Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help needed, disk drive not working

• 02-04-2010 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

It was working grand and then I decided (for the good of my laptop btw) to create a back up disk. Put it in, stopped burning, pop up said "Insert a blank disc" even though it was inside. Tried other blanks, nothing.

Then I went to my computer -> DVD RW drive d, double click and pop up says "insert a disc into drive d" :mad: I've tried other disks, games etc

I'm windows vista, been on their website and tried all their "fix it" thingys, not working.

When I put a disc in, it's not even spinning.

Any help much appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

By chance do DVD's not work but CD's do?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

no disks work, cds, dvds, games or re-writable cds and dvds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Sorry misread your message there so nothing to do with the laptop then.

Has it ever worked? If so it's more than likely just dead. The LED's work and it ejects just fine i take it?

If it's never worked or you've reinstalled windows or something recently see if you can redownload the drivers. If it's bought from a manufacturer like dell etc you can go onto their website, go to something like support and then downloads. put in the computer number (Normally it's on the front of the case in a circle like DELL 9050 or something) Or there are options to put in the product number you can find on the back and it'll bring up the model number for you. Look for drivers and find the one for the cd drive. Download them and install them.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

Hey thanks for your help.

Went back to the support website and this seemed to sort it. http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

Well for now anyway, fingers crossed

Advertisement