Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apply for the job at the nama bank or not?!

Options
  • 02-04-2010 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This is a bit of a funny one. My recruitment agent contacted me with a sweet looking job...right up my ally and defiantly the type of job that would see me step up career wise.

However the job is with one of the 'Nama banks', and honestly I dont know what to think.

I'm going to be applying however I just wanted to ask you all what your opinion is on this matter. I could imagine things like bonuses might not be paid out? But would you have any problem with taking such a job?

I dont want to be too specific but I've made my point!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well, I think if you're stuck for a job you should go for it.
    I've a close family member working for Anglo, who got into their grad prog before the banks collapsed but actuallly began work with them just after the banks went down.
    She loves her job and is getting great experience....but yes, she and her colleagues do get a lot of abuse if they tell people where they work (coz there' so many idiots out there who don't realise that most of the people who actually work in the bank weren't doing anything wrong - it was a small few that were the problem).
    If you feel bad about it, in public, just tell people you work in a business/office, don't be specific. But at the end of the day, if you're on the dole, a job's a job and I don't see why you shouldn't go for it.

whynot is absolutely spot on. why do you even worry about what others think? why should you stay on the dole because of silly principles?- a job is a job!
    its not as if your working for a drug dealer or a pimp. Go for it.

besides someone may as well get something back off the bast*rds! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

I'd grab it with both hands.

Advertisement