Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Past life regression

Options
  • 02-04-2010 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend someone for this in the southeast region?

I've been very sceptical of the wisdom/benefits of this in the past, however recently I am beginning to think it might be of some importance in my continued spiritual development.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

Not knocking past life regression therapists but from a spiritual point of view being hypnotised to tap in to the souls memory has no spiritual benefits whatsoever. Reaching soul consciousness on the other hand has all the spiritual benefits for your spiritual growth. When hypnotised a part of you does not like it as it is being tricked in to it. However through proper guided meditation you can be brought safely to re-experience your past life not as an observer but as your soul...this helps you to fully realize what happened etc...thus given you proper insight and the roots of current problems etc. If you are hypnotized and are on the outside looking in all you are really doing is watching your grand history..thats all. To successfully reach your soul consciousness meditate on the Love of the creator. Do not try yourself find a proper way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Which creator?

Personally I have found that some past life regression and acknowledgment to be very helpful and did lead to personal and spiritual growth.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Which creator?

Personally I have found that some past life regression and acknowledgment to be very helpful and did lead to personal and spiritual growth.

Spiritual growth to me simply means how to be closer to the Divine Source (the Creator) in your daily life, to be healthier, more peaceful, calmer and happier and to attain the ultimate goal of your life, enlightenment and then Yoga. Blessing from the Divine Source is the only source of true peace, calmness and happiness. Blessing from the Divine Source is the mightiest power, so that it is the best help you can receive for your every need not only in your daily life, but also for your spiritual growth!
    As the ultimate destiny is to return to the Divine Source, it is not the goal only for certain groups of people who believe that they are interested in the spiritual journey. It is the real goal of life itself. Then, returning to the Divine Source is not about how much you can do or how much you know. It is not about going to a higher or better place. It is about going closer to the Source of your True Self. So, what matter is how much you love the Divine Source. You can realize this goal in your daily life so that you can really live your life to be closer to the Divine Source. You can really live your life to share the love with others and to love the Divine Source more before you can reach the ultimate goal.
    Past life regressions primary goal is to cleanse and remove the karma from those lives experienced in order for you to move forward from the engines that create the problems in this life. Simply knowing yes for sure gives you insight in to your History, which can have massive benefits personally, Im not disputing that, what I am saying is is it is much better to be blessed and brought to your soul consciousness without hypnotism. This is a step before reaching your True Self consciousness or spirit consciousness or Atman etc..Soul Consciousness therefore even though it is something not many have attained is only the first step in a deeper part of surrendering.

It might not be better for others and it may be that for you "the ultimate destiny is to return to the Divine Source" and if that works for you then wonderful but please do not presume it is the way for others.

I understand your point..lets look at it from another angle...we have been incarnating for a very very long time...why? All those lives all those dramas, sometimes an army general sometimes a king, sometimes a native american healer sometimes a celtic shaman etc etc the list goes on and on. So we have been incarnating, what is the purpose?

• Advertisement

Not all pagans subscribe to reincarnation.

I always find it funny when people say they were a general were it's statistically more likely they were a powder boy or camp follower and died of sickness or starvation.

Some people believe that they do reincarnate but there is a difference between what is considered to be reincarnation in a western sense and what is the cycle of Dharma and Karma in the Vedic sense.

Personally my spiritual path as me choosing to reincarnate in a certain way,
    so that I may meet know and love again.

The army general ones and the ones where you had hmmm power are very interesting. Also have come across a lot of people who generally tend to be the "victim" etc when it comes to the trauma, from my experience it is usually because it is only what there able to handle. Were they able to re-experience the life where they were the perpetrator it would give them a deeper understanding of how to let go the real negative traits within.None of us really like to self reflect on the harder parts of us but it is these that give us a more genuine understanding of our personal nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

Interesting debate guys. I'm fairly certain I've been here a few times before, however not everyone has - there are more people who have lived in the last 100 years than have existed in the whole previous history of humanity... do the maths.

I'd like a recommendation if possible rather than going to someone picked out of a hat as I think this is important. Thanks

Unfortunately the only place I know which did appointments for this was someone who worked out of the house of astrology and what is now closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Hugo Drax

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Unfortunately the only place I know which did appointments for this was someone who worked out of the house of astrology and what is now closed.

The problem historically with past life regression is that everyone when regressed appears to have been some exciting historical personage...but no one ever claims to have been a slave or a chamber maid...

• Advertisement

I already mentioned that, you will find it in post #7 in this thread :)

From my own experience of past-life regressions and from seeing others we've been pauper's, merchant, men, generals, war chiefs, Thieves, Pirates nurses, doctors we've been everything.. The difficulty is people's desire to find out their grand history so the soul shows it to them. It's the desire to see the interesting ones that appears. Surrendering the desire to see the big grand story and people generally experience the most important ones for them.

Advertisement