Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Maiden Books

Options
  • 02-04-2010 11:23pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭

...and not books about young wimmens!

Anyone able to recommend a good (relatively recent) biography of Iron Maiden?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Theres one by Mick Wall that I read recently--Quite good.

Its called Run to the Hills.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Cheers - I'm reading his Zeppelin book and its written fairly well.
    Given that it was published in 1999, there is a chunk of the Maiden timeline missing but I suppose the best is in there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

kbannon wrote: »
    Cheers - I'm reading his Zeppelin book and its written fairly well.
    Given that it was published in 1999, there is a chunk of the Maiden timeline missing but I suppose the best is in there.

Its been updated since--Covers up to 2004.

Im reading "The Dirt" the Motley Crue bio at the minute and if your into your Metal/Rock Biographies thats one of the best out there--absolutely riveting read.

Havent read the Led Zep one yet--is it any good??

Cool.

The Zeppelin book isn't bad. I have only reached the part where they are about to become Zeppelin but so far its been good. In parts of it, Mick tries to talk from the persons (e.g. Page) thoughts.

I wouldn't be a huge LZ fan but its definitely a good book.

If you want to borrow the Iron Maiden one Ill post it on to you and you loan me the Zep one.Saves me buying it and you buying the Iron Maiden one??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

kbannon wrote: »
    ...and not books about young wimmens!

That's a pity, I'm afraid I wouldn't know any Iron Maiden biographies;)

I'll be in touch regarding the Zeppelin buke - I'll buy the maiden one though as I love hoarding.

Advertisement