Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Peter Molyneux

• 02-04-2010 11:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

I've a confession to make, more of a question... Is it just me... -sob- ... Or does seeing this cancerous prick interviewed fill anyone else with blind homcidal rage as he continues to spout bull****!?:mad:

For anyone who doesn't know, Molyneux is the developer and producer responsible for the Failble (haha I see what you did there...) series, and was made Creative Director of Microsoft Game Studios, Europe, to my utter shock and awe. :confused:

I went to look at the Failble 3 interview on the dashboard and had to turn it off half way through cause I just couldn't take it anymore. Why the hell is this guy CONTINUING to put out games, yet Ascaron, developers for the far better and more superior Sacred 2 Fallen Angel, went defunct?

Cookies to all who can explain this to me :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

He has put out some great games especially those with Bullfrog, but I can't stand to listen to the waffle that comes out his mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I went to see him when he came to dublin... He kept saying 'man' and he holds himself really wierdly... other than that, look past the waffle and he's still one of the best games designers in the world so far... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

The Americans love the accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Can't have a Pete M thread without this video....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Slugs wrote: »
    Why the hell is this guy CONTINUING to put out games, yet Ascaron, developers for the far better and more superior Sacred 2 Fallen Angel, went defunct?

Sacred 2 Vs Fable II for a start!

Molyneux is a great producer, plain and simple. He just looses the run of himself more than most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The man is full of hyperbole and broken promises, but that'd all part of his charm. You just have to listen to him waffle and smile to yourself, knowing that the majority of what he's saying won't make it into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭tifosi 1

I have a lot of time for Peter Molyneux. Yes he witters on a bit and yes he over promises but that's what makes him different from all the other faceless developers. His enthuasim for whatever product he's working on is so infectious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Is it just me... -sob- ... Or does seeing this cancerous prick interviewed fill anyone else with blind homcidal rage as he continues to spout bull****!?

Ummmm, just you?
    For anyone who doesn't know, Molyneux is the developer and producer responsible for the Failble (haha I see what you did there...) series

Fable 2 is very enjoyable IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

My 2c;
    He's a charismatic, genuinely interesting visionary who talks about radical ideas* for games, instead of boring you with details like how many polygons their engine can push out, how they're pushing UE3 TO THE MAX etc etc...
    True, he may bang out a lot of hyperbole, but at least he doesn't overuse the word "awesome" like every other developer out there (Pick any developer diary at random on XBL if you don't believe me!)

* fair enough, only a small percentage actually make it into the game proper...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I like him as he does produce cracking games. Just look at the list of games his company has produced. Only one of the games below is crap. In fact some of the them are regularly in the top 10 PC games of all time.

* Hi-Octane (1995) (executive producer)

Fixed that for you.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Have to say I enjoyed fable 2 in-spite of all the hype and outright lies lies from Peter during it's development.

My pick of the rest would have to be syndicate though. Guy is a tool though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,644 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

* Dungeon Keeper (1997) (project leader/designer)

One of my favourite ever games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Just like myself although I can never decide if I like the 2nd game more! I loved the ingame announcer "your creatures are getting angry". Brilliant game design

Absolutely adore that game and its easily got a permanent spot in my top 10. Whenever i get a new comp its one of the first things i try to get working on it, unfortuantely its becoming quite a task getting a 12 year old game to work on windows these days but ill never give up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Ummmm, just you?
    Seems like it =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,644 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

VinLieger wrote: »
    Absolutely adore that game and its easily got a permanent spot in my top 10. Whenever i get a new comp its one of the first things i try to get working on it, unfortuantely its becoming quite a task getting a 12 year old game to work on windows these days but ill never give up

apparently number 3 was nearly finished when the company pulled the plug, crying shame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Love his games and eagerly awaiting Fable3, however i can't listen to him talk for more than 2 minutes, possibly because he mentions the word "innovation" or a variation of "innovation" every 5 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Seems like it =/

If it makes you feel better I feel about the same about him as you do.
    I loved the first two Fables, didn't play any of the other games people listed.
    But based on what he's doing with the third Fable and the many self important PR announcements he has made, he's an idiot as far as I'm concerned.
    And minus one sale for Fable 3 from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I like him as he does produce cracking games. Just look at the list of games his company has produced. Not one of the games below is crap. In fact some of the them are regularly in the top 10 PC games of all time.

Bullfrog Productions

* Fusion (1987) (designer/programmer)
    * Populous (1989) (designer/programmer)
    * Powermonger (1990) (designer/programmer)
    * Populous II: Trials of the Olympian Gods (1991) (designer/programmer)
    * Syndicate (1993) (producer)
    * Theme Park (1994) (project leader/lead programmer)
    * Magic Carpet (1994) (executive producer)
    * Hi-Octane (1995) (executive producer)
    * Genewars (1996)
    * Dungeon Keeper (1997) (project leader/designer)

Lionhead Studios

* Black & White (2001) (concept/lead designer/programmer)
    * Fable (2004) (designer)
    * Fable: The Lost Chapters (2005) (designer)
    * The Movies (2005) (executive designer)
    * Black & White 2 (2005) (lead designer)
    * The Movies: Stunts & Effects (2006) (executive designer)
    * Black & White 2: Battle of the Gods (2006) (lead designer)
    * Fable II (2008) (lead designer)

*ahem* you forgot Theme Hospital

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Played lots of them, liked lots of them. Could care less about him.

Listened to lots of albums, dont care what the bands have to say when they arent playing.

Looking forward to Fable 3, anyone got any info on its release date?

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Q4 2010 is the current stated release date.

I wonder if anyone else is going to do voice work. John Cleese, Jonathan Ross and Stephen Fry are already confirmed - maybe Zoë Wanamaker will be back too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement