Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Dublin Surcharges now 'up to' €41 a month or 460%

• 02-04-2010 11:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

eircom have a nominal price for BB as part of a bundle and the excess charges kick in in Dublin if you exceed the caps associated with these nominal prices.

In Dublin most eircom customers are now in a bundle of 3mbit, typically. but many are in 1mbit bundles. These guys are in for a nasty shock!!! Thank feck this expensive old NGB crap is being tried out in Dublin first :D

They are as follows.

1. 1mbit costs as little as €8.97 and you can be surcharged up to €41.02 in a month or 460%.
    2. 3mbit costs as little as €13.94 and you can be surcharged up to €36.05 in a month or 260%
    3. 7mbit costs as little as €23.90 and you can be surcharged up to €26.09 in a month or 110%

All surcharges calculated from eircoms new packages clearly detailed here.

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/products/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Is it only dublin users that see this?

Reason I'm asking is that the past month I've downloaded so much more compared to other months and I fear for the safety of my wallet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Only in Dublin right now. Galway is not due to get the 8mbit reprofilling before August but for some reason Casltebar is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Seen this posted in a thread last night. Honestly can't wait for the 8mb but hope they'll still turn a blind eye to my mass downloading ;)
    But this is very unlikely. Goodbye 1024kbps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

I am so glad I switched to NTL a few weeks ago. -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Yeah just rub it in to the people who's only choice is eircom :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Will this apply to the areas in dublin that doesnt have NGB?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,243 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

With widespread access to NTL/UPC in Dublin, I cannot understand why anyone in their right mind would stay with eircom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Deaddude wrote: »
    Will this apply to the areas in dublin that doesnt have NGB?

No.

The affluent 'DORT' type areas are largely where this has been rolled out to date and the bills will arrive in April and May and that is when the real fun starts.

There is a map on the NGB site. Best keep an eye on that map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

spurious wrote: »
    With widespread access to NTL/UPC in Dublin, I cannot understand why anyone in their right mind would stay with eircom.

The very minute I hear I can avail of UPC BB, I'm on it. Was very tempted by the eircom offer, but have heard that my area is supposed to be upgraded by UPC within the next month of so, so until then, I'm gonna stick with my 2mb connection that I've been paying through the nose for, for the past five years (to BT & now Voda).

Advertisement