Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorilla In Thurles (Newspaper Story) Actually True?

Options
  • 03-04-2010 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Thought this is the most appropriate place to post this story i came across in the tipperary star..front page..seems an odd story i wonder if its true or just a case of someone dreaming up a story.

Gorilla Was "Aping" Around in Thurles

Published Date: 01 April 2010
    By Noel Dundon
    Gardai in Thurles are investigating the circumstances surrounding the appearance of a giant Gorilla in Liberty Square, Thurles last Saturday evening last which caused considerable traffic disruption as well as massive interest in the Cathedral Town.
    The six feet plus tall animal just seemed to arrive in the town and made it's way along the footpath from the River Suir and Pheasant Island up through Liberty Square where it was seen loitering in the vicinity of the entrance to Hayes Hotel niteclub

It even managed to cross successfully at the pedestrian crossing near the Bank of Ireland and attempted to withdraw funds at the ATM machine only to be informed that there was "insufficient credit" - the gorilla was unsure of whether it was he, or the bank, had the insufficient credit.

Later on the animal was also spotted close to Supermacs and in the general area of HQ. Frightened onlookers told the Tipperary Star that the animal "appeared to be acting the ape", but was otherwise well behaved.

While Gardai are remaining tight lipped about the whereabouts of the animal at the present time, or indeed where it came from in the first place, speculation locally is that it somehow escaped from a nearby animal pound and came in search of excitement.

The gorilla did not display any aggressive tendencies but took a particular interest in the statue of Archbishop Croke in the middle of Liberty Square. The animal was also seen examining the direction signage and road markings in the area but seemed confused about the layout, and had difficulty with the one-way system.

http://http://www.tipperarystar.ie/news/Gorilla-Was-Aping-Around-in.6194081.jp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

April 1st is gone Tipperaryboy,:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

It's true, Tipperaryboy!!!

I was standing outside Hayes's hotel (was meeting my friend) and that gorilla asked me for a light for his cigarette. I don't smoke, so I couldn't oblige, and when I tried telling him that smoking stunts your growth, he just grunted and kept walking. Bit ignorant tbh

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

It's true, Tipperaryboy!!!

I was standing outside Hayes's hotel (was meeting my friend) and that gorilla asked me for a light for his cigarette. I don't smoke, so I couldn't oblige, and when I tried telling him that smoking stunts your growth, he just grunted and kept walking. Bit ignorant tbh

:rolleyes:
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭TheGobb

Its just a public servant on strike. the report said he was near supermacs. probably that is whats in their burgers

Advertisement