Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interceltique Festival in Lorient

Options
  • 03-04-2010 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

Has anybody been to this? I wonder if it is difficult to get over there and get accommodation etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Boxman

Its a great festival. I'd definitely recommend it.

Loads of bands, big and small included from Ireland, Scotland, Brittany, Asturia, Galicia etc.
    There's a great party atmosphere in the town, the weather is usually good - long warm summer evenings - easy going Breton style - bars, cafes etc. and all the outdoor amusements, food stalls etc . Great music indoors and outdoors - Irish pub sessions in afternoons and evenings in The Quay Street and the Galway just to name a couple.

The beach is only a short local bus journey away too for recovery time.

The festival site is here:
    http://www.festival-interceltique.com/info_an.php

You could fly to Lorient with Aer Arann - they go from Galway-Waterford-Lorient.
    Alternatively you could fly Aer Lingus to Rennes or Nantes and make your way from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Haven't been myself but some of my fellow Cornishmen have been and have always highly recommended it.

Advertisement